Where can I find the structure definitions for categories, products, etc.

Started by bganek, December 06, 2011, 18:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bganek

I admit I'm new here and have tried to find this information but haven't been able to.  What I am looking for is a list, or a way to determine the list, of all the various properties, methods etc. that I can call from within a template to customize it.  For example, looking at a template, I see the code $product->votes->allvotes (after getting the product in a foreach look from $this->products).  Where can I find documentation to know that votes/allvotes is part of the product and that they other possibilities are?

I looked at the mySQL tables but that isn't everything and I looked at the developer's manual but that didn't have a layout and it is also for an older version of Virtuemart.

I can follow what is being done in the template code that I have looked at, but would like to also approach it from the other direction - i.e. see what is available and then work with that if possible.

Thank you.

PRO

bganek

Hello, thanks for the reply.  I had seen those two threads previously but that doesn't look like the complete list of capabilities.  For example:

1) Category has things like category->haschildren and $category->images[0]->displayMediaThumb("",false); (from the category template)
2) Products has things like $this->product->neighbours ['previous']  and ($this->product->images[0]) (from the productdetails template)
3) The category template has this call $this->orderByList - which I figured out controls the search boxes on that page - but I discovered this by trial and error (we were trying to get this off the page), I haven't found any documentation on this.

These are more than just fields in a table I believe.

I'm assuming that there are some related structures in the database and some helper functions, I didn't know if there was a way to find them through some documentation.

Am I off base and missing something and it is right in front of me and I'm missing it?

Thank you,

Bruce

PRO

no, there is not a full manual or anything yet. There will be more soon