News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot override final method vmShipperPlugin...

Started by Timsydney, December 01, 2011, 20:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timsydney

Hi There,  I'm kind of new to this, tho I am computer literate.  I've been through the forums and did not find anything to this effect. 

I cannot get a menu to appear on my site.  I made a Menu Item for VM.  And when I enable the VM modules and I am running into this:

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Cannot override final method vmShipperPlugin::getThisShipperName() in <b>/homepages/5/d387494701/htdocs/WellBuilt help1/plugins/vmshipper/weight_countries/weight_countries.php</b> on line <b>455</b><br />

I am running Joomla 1.7.2 and downloaded VM2. 

Thank you, in advance!

PRO

Thats not going to be in the menu.

Thats probably coming from the shopping cart module right?

update to the latest version of 2.0

Timsydney

Timsydney

I must have done something incorrect.  I upgraded to Joomla 1.7.3 and VM 2.0RC3 and this what I'm getting when I click on the shopping cart:

Fatal error: Class 'vmPaymentPlugin' not found in /homepages/5/d387494701/htdocs/WellBuilt help1/plugins/vmpayment/standard/standard.php on line 24

On the category link, I'm getting:

Info: Assign virtuemart to a menu item

Should I assign all of the VM elements to a menu item?  If not, which one?

All the products have this similar message:

Warning: Division by zero in /homepages/5/d387494701/htdocs/WellBuilt help1/components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php on line 201

Is there something I did wrong on the initial installation, or is it a compatibility issue with my template?

Thanks Again!

Milbo

Warning: Division by zero in /homepages/5/d387494701/htdocs/WellBuilt help1/components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php on line 201

Hmm yes, there went something really wrong.

I suggest to download the lates Pre version http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/352/com_virtuemart2.0.0_RC3_Pre_b_extract_first.zip.

Then go in your vm2 to the tools and use
"Remove VirtueMart Tables"
Then uninstall virtuemart 2 in the joomla extension manager,
then uninstall the aio
then uninstall all modules and plugins of virtuemart.

Then use the latest version of com_virtuemart2.0.0_RC3_Pre_x_extract_first.zip, extract both files, install first the core and the sample data. Then directly after that install the aio.

Then go to your main menu and choose for one menuitem the virtuemart page. Activate all modules and plugins and it should work.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

osp

I had com_virtuemart_ext_aio.1.9.8M.zip  installed with the same problem.

I had moved all vmart plugins and modules apart from joomla folders (just to have some backup), then I reinstalled AIO zip.

Now it works fine. Of course you have to setup your VMart modules again...
It seems to be much more gentle solution to the problem than removing VMart completely.

But something may be wrecked...fortunatelly I'm in development phase...

BTW is there a way how to backup only VMart data, other than DB dump?

PRO

Quote from: ondrejspilka on December 13, 2011, 14:26:05 PM

BTW is there a way how to backup only VMart data, other than DB dump?

u can use akeebah backup and only choose vmart tables and files

osp

Milbo

Actually the best method is to have a normal RC2 M installation and just to use the normal joomla extension installer.

Deactivate joomla debug and things like the akeeba enhanced installer. Rise your script time and just fire it. The uninstallation was mean in his case, because it looked like the aio did not overwrite his old files... but we fixed this issue 2 weeks ago. So I think with the k version everything is fine.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member