News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

New pre subrelase N, ... final RC3

Started by Milbo, December 01, 2011, 14:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjk

Anybody out there currently using calculation rules for calculating final prices?

At present mine don't work anymore in the frontend views. I've set up a profit margin as "Price modifier for PMargin" with the 'Math Operation' set as +%, various Discount as "Discounts Before Tax" with the 'Math Operation' set as +, and several taxes. Each product bears the profit margin, one DBTax and one Tax.

Now, in the backend the price calculation shows correctly. For a certain product the price is calculated like this:
'Cost Price' + 'Profit Margin' + 'Discount Before Tax' (which is actually a surcharge in my case) + 'Tax' = 'Final Price'

But in the frontend views I get:
'Cost Price' + 'Discount Before Tax' = 'Final Price'

Let me know if you encounter something similar. If a similar setup is working for you, I might have a bug which is exclusively for me  ;)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

kyrotomia

Quote from: alexsai on December 04, 2011, 01:44:17 AM
just tried... i get err 500
JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1091 - Can't DROP 'PRIMARY'; check that column/key exists SQL=ALTER TABLE `dl5ar_virtuemart_calcs` DROP PRIMARY KEY , ADD PRIMARY KEY (`virtuemart_calc_id`);  :'(

Just to make sure no one get stuck on this, you must make sure that the joomla global settings "Debug System" is set to no, otherwise the RC3_pre_e update will fail on SQL errors.

Aliciah85

getting this error when i try to add a new product....

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/bootleg/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/view.html.php on line 152

alexsai

I cant add a product too, getting a black page ( probably the same error of Aliciah ).
@kyrotomia: thanks, but i used all the raccomandation from Milbo, no cache, no debug(vm and joomla), no akeba backup.

SamF

J173 + RC3_Pre_e

Cannot save neither Payment method nor Shipping method.

All fields are filled, click "Save" - form reappears with blank fields. Period.

zzsser

Quote from: alexsai on December 04, 2011, 23:59:20 PM
After upgrade to RC3 e my virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries  table is:
id
virtuemart_order_id
shipper_id
shipper_name    text
order_weight
shipping_weight_unit
shipper_cost
shipper_package_fee
tax_id
order_number

After upgrade to RC3, I have the same table structure, fine! But now, when I create on order, this table is not completed, there is no record for the order in it. And when I view my order in administrator, I get an red error:

SELECT * FROM `#__virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` WHERE `virtuemart_order_id` = 33

SamF

J173 + RC3_Pre_e

Got it in the front end:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <<<path>>>/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php on line 501

(fresh installation, no payment or shipping method configured)

PRO

Quote from: SamF on December 06, 2011, 17:08:51 PM
J173 + RC3_Pre_e

Got it in the front end:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <<<path>>>/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php on line 501

(fresh installation, no payment or shipping method configured)

that line refers to shopper groups. DO you have shopper groups?

SamF

I think I do:

[attachment cleanup by admin]

millennium

Quote from: Aliciah85 on December 06, 2011, 02:05:31 AM

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/bootleg/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/view.html.php on line 152

Hi everybody,

got the same error as Aliciah85 on J1525 + RC3_Pre_e
Regards,
Andrius

J1.5.25 VM2

PRO

Quote from: millennium on December 06, 2011, 17:47:24 PM

Hi everybody,

got the same error as Aliciah85 on J1525 + RC3_Pre_e

EDIT: my fix was not the correct one, this issue is fixed for the next release.

smartserver

First of all Hi everybody!

BUG 1. From 1.9.8M to J173 + RC3_Pre_e don't work NOTIFY system. So when I go to product that's zero in stock and click on Notify button open window like when I add the product to the cart and nothing happens. I think if I click on button I will see the windows with email field.

BUG 2. When I install VirtueMart or update it to RC3_Pre_e in English version, I see all of products, but when I change admin and site language to Russian all products from VirtueMart disappear. HINT: The Multilanguage is not active!

PRO

smartserver, thats because you filled in all the products when it was set in english.

Look at Milbo's first post in the thread

jjk

Quote from: smartserver on December 06, 2011, 19:18:17 PM
BUG 2...
You can solve this quickly by exporting the english language product table and import it into the russian one again with phpmyadmin.
(you might have to do the same with the category and manufacturer tables, too.)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Milbo

Yes, we want address this problem with an extra tool. Our system is fast, but has atm no fallback to the standard language. So we want to provide a tool which automatically fills the empty descriptions with the main description and a tool, which shows which descriptions in the languages are the same, so that you can fast find non translated products.

Atm you must use the multilanguage system consequent to get the right consistence. As far I can see, we gained speed compared to other solutions, but loose the fail prove status regarding the language.

It is almost always in the informatic. You can force consistence with a lot of tests and workarounds and this slows, on the other side you can write faster solutions, when you just assume that the input is correct.

We always try to put the tests into the storing commands, because the browsing, the get functions must be fast. So you can have a slow and safe design or a fast nasty one :-). We decided for the multilanguage to choose a fast, but nasty one.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member