News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

New pre subrelase N, ... final RC3

Started by Milbo, December 01, 2011, 14:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

For updaters: please delete your virtuemart.cfg in /administrators/components/com_virtuemart and store your vm config one time

We would like to directly do the final release, but we need more help with testing. Looking back, the M version was already like a final except some small bugs, which we were able to fix within 5 minutes.

So when enough people join the tests here in the forum, we could do the final release next wednesday (assuming we find only 5 minute bugs).

The new version is changing the db layout dramatically, the format how some data is stored is also changed, so the upgrade process is a bit nasty. Vm2 is now always multilanguage, that means, even when you use only one language, vm2 is using speshitpilled tables to store translatable data. Therefore it is very important before you update to check that your default joomla frontend language is the same as you use in the description of your products. So when you used atm english in your store, but it should be a spain shop than it is important that you change the joomla frontend language to spain before the upgrade.

The updater is also checking every table definition and updating it. The updater is even merging a table. So the upgrade process is quite database intensiv. We tested it of course also with more than just the sampeldata. When there are already a lot products in the store, you should disable the joomla debug, the akeeba enhanced installer and maybe even the vm debugger. Other case it can happen, that you just see a blank page.

It also always good to rise the max_execution time and the memory_limit to prevent that the script stops.

Be aware that the migrator is not updating already done payments or simular, please contact the team in this case.

http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/369/com_virtuemart2.0.0_RC3_extract_first.zip

REMEMBER to install both, CORE and AIO!

Also Consider that the update button is now falsly showing that there is a new update available ( in fact you would downgrade). The reason for this is that it is an unofficial release.

Fixed in h:
Pagination fix, when coming from page higher than choosen category
some little typos in shipment/payment plugins
various other small fixes

payment plugins can now handle other currency than shop currency
Fixed in g
- error storing all kind of addresses
- better search support
- order date fix
- language key for router file (you may go in your config and store it one time to apply the correct orderby and search fields
- found some errors in the updater
- various others described the last days here.
- removed stockable customfield plugin
- added specification customfield plugin

Fixed in f
bug creating new product,
some various others

Fixed in e version
not storing of payment/shipment params in j1.7
various small installer bugs

Fixed in b version
- aio is deleting now existing files before move, so the updating should work as before
- slug generation adjusted to language tables and checking when the slug is found, if it is from the own identity or another

Fixed in the a version:
- fixed broken calculation rules.
- small typos

General new features and bigger fixes of the N regarding RC3:

- multilanguage system
- enhanced pluginsystem
- found sever security bug (XSS) and fixed.
- joomla cache
- optimisation of queries
- optimisation of tables
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Lagendijk

Hi Max,

I`ve done the update, and now de front-end is showing a error 500, what should I do now?

Hope you can help me out, and greetings from the Netherlands!

PRO

Lagendijk

Updated to test the new pre subrelease N, as shown in Milbo`s post. The back-end works fine, but the front-end is blank now..
I`ve update from from 1.9.8M.

_fD_

Quote from: Lagendijk on December 01, 2011, 22:08:33 PM
Updated to test the new pre subrelease N, as shown in Milbo`s post. The back-end works fine, but the front-end is blank now..
I`ve update from from 1.9.8M.
Hi Lagendijk,

activate please the joomla error to maximum. then you get an error on the blank screen.

I had there an fatal error with vmpayment plugin. Uninstall aio and all vm plugins and then install the new aio again. Here it works ;-).

regards,
Urs

nflmerch

I get the blank page 500 error as well. 
It's the shopping cart module. Everything works fine until I enable the shopping cart. 
I tried uninstalling everything and re-installing to no avail.

Milbo

I think the error is that the aio is not overwriting anylonger (hmpf).

So you have an old shipment plugin which makes trouble.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

nflmerch

I haven't used any shipping plugins.  Everything I use is out-of-box

Lagendijk

nflmerch

Sorry, this is my fault, I completely misunderstood.
I uninstalled the VM plugins (there was a payment plugin leftover) as well as the AIO and modules and reinstalled and now it works.
I've had to uninstall the AIO and modules before to get subreleases to work, but never had to uninstall the plugins before so I overlooked that.
Thanks for the help.

Milbo

that the plugins are not updating is bad, we must fix this.

cas

I see there is a new version 'pre_a' that just came out, does that fix the install problem, or do we still need to remove the VM plugins and payment plugin first? 

Milbo

no fix for the install problem, but there will come version b in 1-2 hours

Milbo

Version b released with the fix for the install. Some words to the testing:

a whole test of vm2 how I started to describe in http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Test_cases would take a single person maybe 2-3 days. The idea is that maybe 20 people or more test virtuemart. Of course it is very likely that most people just test the same, which is already tested and working. But the more people join the test run, the more specific problems will appear.
The natural problem with testers in our project is that they test of course mainly what they need themself. The longer you test, the more you know the program and already know how to avoid problems (like Urs directly knew, that the aio is the problem), so it is very hard as tester to simulate a newbe. The longer the people test, the more they are used to the quirks of the program and dont notice them anylonger.

CranialBlaze

Well now i know what my plans are for this evening.
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2