News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

why two products after an re-install?

Started by charles99, November 30, 2011, 03:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charles99

each time I have to do an re-install I find myself deleting multi copies of a product and I would just like to know why? 

Is there something that I am missing here? 

Thanks

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

charles99

first I clear out my database.  Un-install all modules and plugins and Virtuemart2.0.  Then I re-install everything!  And no I do not un-install VM 1.1.9...  All my images are in the right directory.   So I am at a lost on why I am getting two copies of a product.   That I have to delete one by one which takes up a lot of time...by VM 1.1.9 is ok and I don't have double listing in it.  So something is happening on the import side of things.

And I don't mean to switch subjects, but I also need to know is it possible to use VM 1.1.9 Themes in VM2.0?  I was reviewing an number of lives sites today that had old VM 1.1.9 themes: that I though wasn't possible!  And if it is what is the process?   and yes I saw something in forum about Templates & Theme which I based my opinion on, but after seeing so many website with old theme on them I was like to know the process...

thanks Milbo

Milbo

You can use normally the tools for that.... http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Tools

Quote from: charles99 on December 05, 2011, 20:52:32 PM
..but I also need to know is it possible to use VM 1.1.9 Themes in VM2.0?  I was reviewing an number of lives sites today that had old VM 1.1.9 themes: that I though wasn't possible!  And if it is what is the process?   and yes I saw something in forum about Templates & Theme which I based my opinion on, but after seeing so many website with old theme on them I was like to know the process...

interesting, ... I am not aware of that, you should ask that in the template forum.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Studio 42

HI charles,

The template system for vm1.1.x is not the same
BUt you can simple use the old vm HTML codes on put it in the default.php file
eg.browser... for category/tmpl/.default.php

if you use same html render you have 99 % the same design
Look for template overiding.

If you want do it so then you must remove the CSS calls in config and look that the javascript work correctly,
but i have do the upgrade with no problem(must know some html/javascript and php of course)

if you  now how vm 1.1 render the display and know template overiding this is only some hours of work

PRO

charles99,

are you emptying the full   jos_virtuemart    database?
this table too     virtuemart_migration_oldtonew_ids   ?