News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multi-language custom fields?

Started by jjk, November 29, 2011, 19:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjk

Hi,

just would like to know if there is anything in the pipeline adding multi-language features to custom fields? I'm just thinking about whether or not it makes sense to add individual language custom fields for each language. In this case I would have to enter all product sizes again for my second language.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

agaudreau

I'd really like this feature as well. I could deal with either having language specific *_virtuemart_customs_lang_code like we do for products and so on or the ability to select different custom fields for each language from the product editor which would allow me to add custom fields for all my languages and pick which will be used from my product editor's custom field page.

I build and sell task specific (office use, cad, gaming) systems and use custom fields for system specs.

Right now with VM 2.0.0 under Joomla 1.7, multi-language for products and such is working but the lack of multi-language custom fields causes some serious problems and putting the specs in my product description is just too much of a pain.

balai