How can I print out a list of all the products I have or a whole category?

Started by NorxMAL, November 29, 2011, 12:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorxMAL

I would like to be able to print out a list of all the products I have on my site, which are in stock.

I don't necessary need this as a public feature.

Doesn't matter if I need to print out each category one by one instead, perhaps more desirable this way also :)

Would be great if I could style it with php/css :)

Any ideas?

Thank you for viewing this thread :)

charles99

This is what I do:

I outline my category section then do a copy and past into frontpage or word.  Then I just remove all the columns I don't need until I have product, sku, price, product order, then I save the file, then print it out.  Without buying any new software or component it takes less than 2 minutes to create a printable product sheet that I can shoot over to my iPad and use when I am in the field talking to clients....

It that simple!

NorxMAL

I think I have solved it by just making a stripped joomla template, and go to the template configuration in vm and choose that one for category for a brief second for the print.

I haven't finished it, I haven't been to work today.

I just use css { display: none; } on the classes/ids I don't want showing in the print, in the stripped joomla template.

Perhaps this is something the developers can add to the template configuration, only that this applies when one clicks the print button.
So if one chooses all from the pagination tab, it opens a window showing all the products but only with a different template (so one can hide the pagination dropdown for example with help of css)

Or do this just sound silly?

PRO