News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Display Products Under matching subcategory as list

Started by dicefile, November 25, 2011, 05:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dicefile

Hello,
How can I display products and subcategories on the same page.
The basic idea is to have a subcategory and the products belonging to that sub category displayed underneath. In list view.

i.e  Subcategory
       ->product One
       ->product Two
       ->product Three
      Subcategory
       ->product One
       ->product Two
       ->product Three

I've tried modifying categoryChildlist.tpl.php but couldn't pull in the products under it's parent subcategory

Thank you in advance

PRO

categoryChildlist.tpl.php

is a 1.1 file, this is the 2.0 forum.

Which version are you using?

abrakadabra

I'm using VM2. Would like to create the same type of list. Would be even better if every category and subcategory has the quantity of products in it in brackets. Is there any chance for doing so?

What i'm trying to get is smth like that: sorry for language

Thanks a lot.

abrakadabra

Please, anyone, tell me is it something wrong with me or with VM2. I don't have an option in settings to show the number of products in category (in brackets right after the category name). That was an option in previous version of VM. Why doesn't it work in newer one?

PRO

Quote from: abrakadabra on December 02, 2011, 00:28:57 AM
Please, anyone, tell me is it something wrong with me or with VM2. I don't have an option in settings to show the number of products in category (in brackets right after the category name). That was an option in previous version of VM. Why doesn't it work in newer one?

There is no option to turn it off.

BUT the code is in teh category template

<div class="orderby-displaynumber">
      <div class="width70 floatleft">
         <?php echo $this->orderByList; ?>
      </div>
      <div class="width30 floatright display-number"><?php echo $this->pagination->getResultsCounter();?><br/><?php echo $this->pagination->getLimitBox() ?></div>
<div id="bottom-pagination"><?php echo $this->pagination->getPagesLinks(); ?><span style="float:right"><?php echo $this->pagination->getPagesCounter(); ?></span></div>

bmc

I am new to Joomla. this is wayyyy too hard for me. I would like to install a template through extension manager and have it all done. I am using VM 2 on Joomla 1.7.0. which version of VM i can use to upload a template? I am sure VM2 is not for me- too much coding. sorry for my poor English.