Author Topic: Joomla 1.5. + virtuemart 1.1.9 and SSL  (Read 11724 times)

Freshview

• Beginner
Joomla 1.5. + virtuemart 1.1.9 and SSL
« on: November 28, 2011, 23:14:56 pm »
Hi,

I hope someone can help. I have a shared SSL active on my site, Joomla built in SEF urls running.
I can access my site, add items to the cart and go to the checkout. I login and https url is active and the select shipping page loads, then when I click next, a 404 error page loads: The requested URL /home/sites/thehealthcaretrainingcompany.co.uk/public_html/index.php was not found on this server.

Before I added the SSL the cart worked fine with SEF urls.

If I turn the SEF urls off in Joomla, the whole cart works correctly with SSL for the cart! It seems that with the SEF turned on, when VM tries to load the cart pages it does so on the index.php page but the joomla SEF is not allowing this.

Please help as this is very frustrating. Do I need to install a SEF component and if so which is best that works with Joomla 1.5.25 and VM 1.1.9?

Regards
Phil

lejeannotfr

Re: Joomla 1.5. + virtuemart 1.1.9 and SSL
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 23:48:25 pm »
scandalous, no help, no answer on ssl problem with VM 1.1.9 since 2 years, lot of bug in the redirections and urls, but no soluce to this issues, i look everywhere on google and joomla forums and i can't find solution to this problems... impossible to go on with this tools! I can sure you i will develop my future shop with an other tool than VM : too much bugs and problems!

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:01:25 am »
WTF? Development of VM1.1 ceased in June 2011, having been subsequently replaced by VirtueMart 2
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM3.2.4 on Joomla 3.8 PHP 7.0.23

Testing VM3.2.5.9641 on J!3.8

lejeannotfr

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 13:04:45 pm »
hi, of course the first topic on this point is posted November 28, 2011, and since june 2011 everybody has stop to use VM 1.1.9, and you surely know that it is so simple to upgrade a live site running with joomla 1.5.26.  :o
 :( For an online store component, it is still strange that there is that kind of bug since V1.1.X without any soluce. SSL should have work normaly since version 1 of the component. SSL should work without bug from the when? the V3? V4?
To summarize, all VM users must changed completely their website (because changing VM means changing joomla, and upgrade all other components) to have a shop working with SSL ... >:(

fsv

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 15:35:40 pm »
lejeannotfr,
J1.5.26+VM1.1.9+SSL - Works without problems. Application SSL - the bank requirement (payments by bank cards). The bank accepted a site into operation.
At you a local problem. VM1.1 is perfectly in order.

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 15:51:50 pm »
I never had any problems with VM1.1.9 SEF/SSL either.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM3.2.4 on Joomla 3.8 PHP 7.0.23

Testing VM3.2.5.9641 on J!3.8

lejeannotfr

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 19:50:40 pm »
hi, well if you have never met any problem with SSL on the 1.1.9 VM, can you tell me how to configure VM to make it work? Should i change the htaccess? What changes should I do? I can not find anything on this topic anywhere ... Everyone says it works, I paid a certificate but i've tested all the options and it does not work correctly, impossible to find any topic to solve the problem i met.  ???
It is to believe that all users who have used VM 1.1.9 with SSL have not encountered any bug or any problem to getting started ... I find it hard to believe in light of the information that I can now read on google.  ::)

fsv

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 22:21:09 pm »
What changes should I do?
nothing special...
Global Configuration-Server-Force SSL-Entire site
Configuration VM-Site URL+SECUREURL(https)

and it does not work correctly
You have not told anything concrete about your problem.

If you use sh404sef or other similar component-"monster" it not problem VM, is a problem of the third component.

lejeannotfr

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 02:54:40 am »
hi, well ok, i think that you might forgot something : that kind of configuration you're telling me can't work with PHP 5.3 without modifying the htaccess and getting a global https for all the website!! I tried every kind of rules to get the VM shop running with https only and there was a lot of bugs, wrong redirection of url, cart malfunction and checkout issues. >:(
Sorry but the simple adjustments announced are not enough, the entire site must be in https to make it work. :-\
So I think there's a problem somewhere though, otherwise how do you explain this difference??

lejeannotfr

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 15:33:36 pm »
[quote ]If you use sh404sef or other similar component-"monster" it not problem VM, is a problem of the third component.[/quote]  :) :)
the other 3rd "monster components" who sometimes offers a real customer support are telling the same : "it is a problem of Virtuemart, see with VM"... "everyone is passing the buck". The only think i see is that you must run a complete https ebusiness website and it's a huge error in SEO rules, and it's not really "SEF"...

fsv

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 15:09:25 pm »
the other 3rd "monster components" who sometimes offers a real customer support are telling the same : "it is a problem of Virtuemart, see with VM"... "everyone is passing the buck".
And what they still can tell? ;)
They developed the component not for VirtueMart, and for Joomla. With Joomla works? - Yes. => There are no questions.

For SEO I never used sh404SEF or analogues. Only: custom router + plugin of aliases. Easily, quickly, effectively, there are no problems.
With sh404SEF problems sometimes spontaneously arise at users even in some years of work, and without SSL.

lejeannotfr

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 18:53:46 pm »
And what they still can tell? ;)
They tell to see on VM forum ... of course! ;D

They developed the component not for VirtueMart, and for Joomla. With Joomla works? - Yes. => There are no questions.
So virtuemart is developed to be compatible only with joomla but incompatible with any other components? It's good to know that. It lacks many module and plugin into virtuemart that are not found in native joomla cms, then you have to add it, for example a simple captcha code to protect a lot of forms against spam... (where is it in VM??). So you think that you must use virtuemart with nothing else around in joomla? If this is the case, then VM is not optimized to trade online as many marketing tools lack this component (I will not list it because it is long...). ;)

For SEO I never used sh404SEF or analogues. Only: custom router + plugin of aliases. Easily, quickly, effectively, there are no problems.
so I'm interested to know which ones and especially whether the router's default VM 1.1.9 works normally ... because if I use sh404 is that I just could not get the custom urls I needed. Moreover sh404 allows me to manage a portion of the security of the shop and redirecting old urls (products that no longer exist, for example).
But I'm willing to try your solution if you can tell me how you did it?!

Many thanx

fsv

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 11:20:31 am »
But I'm willing to try your solution if you can tell me how you did it?!
1. VirtueMart SEF router (FREE) -   http://joomlaforum.ru/index.php/topic,130264.0.html
2. VirtueMart SEF router (NEW  ~7 usd) -  http://joomlaforum.ru/index.php/topic,205086.msg1080752.html#msg1080752
3. Best Alias (plugin of aliases)  -   http://joomlaforum.ru/index.php/topic,77042.msg446836.html#msg446836
    Downloading was from JED. As a plugin for version J.1.5 it have removed. Therefore I attach here.

...and redirecting old urls (products that no longer exist, for example).
1. Redirect 301  in  .htaccess
2. "We get rid of doubles of pages by means of 301 redirects"  -  http://joomlaforum.ru/index.php/topic,201567.0.html

[attachment cleanup by admin]

lejeannotfr

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 23:12:15 pm »
hi, thanks a lot but it's impossible :

1 - i have a website live that is running since 2 years, here you give a solution that needs sa lot of risky modification to do into VM, and a lot of work to do manual 301 redirection  :o
2 - it is a makeshift solution to avoid considering the compatibility of VM with other "monster" component as sh404. I'm sorry but this solution does not suit me : I will not venture to make so many changes in the component as it is sufficient that VM looks at the problem of compatibility with the market leader SEF component. Instead I would have to work double time to do everything by hand? Doing redirection in htaccess? not possible ... I have an online store to make sales and turnover not for loosing time in debugging VM functions or deprive me of my other components. That's incredible.  ???

you know i'm fedup with VM  :-\  since 2 years i have spent too much time on this exclusive component, debugin a lot of issues and now that it is running with SSL i learn that there's incompatibilities with other "monster components"?? undoing this work that took me months is simply impossible, to much risks : i prefere changing my CMS for a real ebusiness complete and professionnal tools.

Many thanks for your help.

lejeannotfr

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 19:24:59 pm »
hi, i use joomla since 2006 cms for which the only component developers pass the buck to each other when a problem occurs and when you can't find where the problem is!
When a plugin or component generates bug with or into another, nobody wants to know who is causing the problem or how to fix it. They help you on forum but at some point you can not know who is causing the bug and support tells you to ask to an other person who is considered as the problem... the user must find by himself of becoming programmer to debug himself. All people working on joomla dream of democratizing this free CMS but refuse to admit that the vast majority of users is not composed of programmers and professionals. After they make us the praises of free CMS but still need a real serious communication and support for all the issues that users may find, else joomla will eventually fall.  :-[