News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PayPal Paymentfee in percent

Started by kpg, November 28, 2011, 13:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpg

Hi,

I would like to ad a PayPal payment fee in percent. But it looks like it only ads the amount in the currency as a normal amount.

For example:Amount = 100 (currency)
  4% = 4.- or 0.04 = 4.-

But at the moment it calculats it like that.

4% = 4 no matter of the amount of the cart or 0.04 = 0.04.

Thanks for the quick respond. 

alatak

Hi,

Quote4% = 4 no matter of the amount of the cart or 0.04 = 0.04.
Yes because it is the way it is done rigth now.
But you are rigth, it should be an amout per transaction, + an amount based on the order total amount, both could be fixed amount, or %.

kpg

Hi,

Quote from: alatak on November 29, 2011, 08:45:25 AM
Yes because it is the way it is done rigth now.
But you are rigth, it should be an amout per transaction, + an amount based on the order total amount, both could be fixed amount, or %.

Thanks for the answer. I thought that this feature was already included in the PayPal-Plugin from a earlier version. Could you or someone of the Team help me with that?

I just looked in to the VM 1.1.9. Is it true, that the PayPal payment is integrated in VM itself? And not as a plugin? notify.php and ipayment_notify.php ? PS: i know that there is no notify in the new VM. But if you could give me a hand to find out or help to change the PayPal plugin for the VM "2.0", that would be awsome.

I think it would be great to have this feature for al payment plugins.

Regards

alatak

Hi,

Please note that VM version 2 has been completely rewritten. So may be something was true for the VM1 version, but it is not for the VM2.

Payments and shipments have also been completly rewritten.

kpg

Hi alatak,

Thx, for the respond. After the "study" of the two VM version i was geting exactly this conclusions. ;-)
However. Could you or a recommended developer provide me with such a modification?

I think it would take to much time to understand the hole VM2 complete. But i just startet to study it proper. For future works.

Or do you think that with the calculate and taxes feature is a work around possibility?

regards

alatak

Hi,

QuoteBut you are rigth, it should be an amout per transaction, + an amount based on the order total amount, both could be fixed amount, or %.
i meant it is a good idea, and i will do it for the next release.
:)

kpg

Hi alatak,

This are great news and thanks for the quick respond.

And can you tell me how fare you are away from the next release? Hope this Q is not inappropriate. ;-)

regards

alatak

Hi,

No Q release planned :).
But we are working on a RC3, which implements multilingual.
It will be in the official RC3, which is just a small step to tha final release.