News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Backend Product List causes server error (reaches r-limit)

Started by Biggreuda, November 26, 2011, 20:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggreuda

Hi,

as you may saw in the other threads, i've installed a new joomla 1.7.2 with VM virtuemart1.9.8.RC2k_extract_first.zip. Then I've imported the product from the old virtuemart and installed the latest update
Now since the last update (to 2.0.0-RC-2M) , we can't access the product list in the backend anymore. First, I got error-messages that I've had to increase the memory-limit, but since I've done that, I only get a server error.
So I've contacted our server admins (all-inkl.com) and gave them a test-account to look into the problem and here is their answer:
Quotewir haben diese soeben einmal geprüft. Hier läuft das Script an das sogenannte r-limit auf dem Server, welches diesen vor Überlastung schützen soll. Leider besteht von unserer Seite keine Möglichkeit mehr, dies zu erhöhen.

Alternativ bleibt hier nur die Möglichkeit in einen höheren Tarif zu wechseln oder aber den Account von PHP als cgi auf PHP als Modul umzustellen. Somit werden weniger Ressourcen benötigt.
Translation:
QuoteThe script reaches the so called r-limit on the server, which protects it from overload. Sadly we can't possibly set it any higher.

An alternative would be, to upgrade your contract or to set the account from php as cgi to php as module.

Do we really need to upgrade our system/contract now, just that we can use the new virtuemart? Why does it need so much more ressources? I think/hope, that this is just a bug and that there is a workaround.
And I really don't undestand, what the last option means, to be honest.
The Link that causes the error looks like this:
http://new.wohnphilosophie.de/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product
The result like this (after aprox 30 seconds of waiting time):
QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@new.wohnphilosophie.de and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Milbo

The new version needs a lot less sql queries (instead 850, below 200 for the FE sample).

Ma eben kurz auf Deutsch, weil es ist spät: Wie schon in anderen Threads angedeuted soll vm2 durchaus auf dem 5 euro (oder warns 3) account von allinkl.com laufen. Allerdings kann man dann nicht erwarten, dass der shop mehr als 1000 Produkte verträgt. Vielleicht sinds auch 5000. Kommt auf das gesamte Packet drauf an. Welchen Tarif haste? schreib über pn bitte.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Biggreuda

PM is send ;)

Just to let the other keep track:
I think, the product-list length could have been set to "show all", so that could be an explanation.
Our contract is already at "premium", so the ressources we get from our hoster shouldn't be that bad.

Edit:
Our hoster found a solution!
In the subdomains main folder was the usual .htaccess file. I removed the first line "AddHandler php5-cgi .php" and now it works again! :D

P.S.: The list showed only the first few lines of products, btw. So that wasn't the problem.
I'm still not shure, why it does need so much ressources now, especially since it stopped working without us changing anything else than making an update.

Milbo

This is nor joomla neither a virtuemart .htaccess.

Btw this line is afaik for cgi mode only.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member