News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

html code in description not working

Started by joomlaforever, November 26, 2011, 10:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

is this with old products? or when you try to create new products?

millennium

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 14, 2011, 13:32:38 PM
is this with old products? or when you try to create new products?
Hi, it doesn't matter. I solved the problem by extending product description varchar entry in database, that's the problem when you try to enter longer product description. Thank you for your help
Regards,
Andrius

J1.5.25 VM2

tosik

hi there, have the same issue - can't save any HTML in product description using TinyMCE. Tried other editors - same result. I'm storeadmin in VM and superuser in Joomla. Have all permission in editor settings. I have no problem in using it in Joomla articles; just VM product description isn't working. Any ideas what the problem might be?
I'm using Joomla 1.7.3 with VM 2.0.0

Anubis44

Quote from: tosik on February 07, 2012, 11:05:15 AM
hi there, have the same issue - can't save any HTML in product description using TinyMCE. Tried other editors - same result. I'm storeadmin in VM and superuser in Joomla. Have all permission in editor settings. I have no problem in using it in Joomla articles; just VM product description isn't working. Any ideas what the problem might be?
I have the same problem :(

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

PRO

Quote from: millennium on December 14, 2011, 08:04:26 AM
Hi, i can insert tables in joomla articles, but when i press save button in product description the end of product description is missing. Tried to save html code directly in database, the result is the same. It seems that database, isn't updated correctly. Maybe you know what a problem could be? Thanx for your answer.

go into vmart 'tools"

and do the "update or install tables if necessary"

AND: 2.0 needs PHP 5.3

Anubis44

Quote from: tosik on February 07, 2012, 11:05:15 AM
In VM you must be only admin  ;)

jthrongard

I'm stuck as well.  I need to embed a youtube video with an iframe into a category description and it's getting stripped.  I am "admin" on both VM & Joomla.  Tried with no editor at all, tried JCE, TinyMCE etc... All same results.  Please help!
Small Business Joomla! Website Design - Simple CMS Design
http://www.simplecmsdesign.com

jenkinhill

You do not mention your versions, but it works in cat desc for me in VM2.0.15F so update when 2.0.16 is rele4ased (very soon!). Test update on a backup first.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum