News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

html code in description not working

Started by joomlaforever, November 26, 2011, 10:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joomlaforever

hi
using VM2 Mversion, when i put simple html code  like < br > in description of a product , but  the code disappers after registration (in DB too) !!!
and return in line doesn t work
joomla problem 'black list) or  VM
thx

Milbo

You must be admin to be alllowed to use html
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

joomlaforever

of couse its the case .... i'm novice in VM : admin joomla = admin VM?  lol

PRO

look in "shoppers" and see if you are admin

joomlaforever

Fine! it works, i've forgotten this instruction
tx

Biggreuda

I've got the same problem, but I'm already storeadmin.
What else could be the problem? :(

PRO

have you checked your joomla user settings?

Biggreuda

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the late reply.
I'm Super User and Admin in Joomla, and storeowner in Virtuemart, but I still can't add html code.
That's a big problem, because we use quite a lot of html formating in the individual descriptions... :(

PRO

what editor? and have you checked the permissions in editor?

Biggreuda

Sorry again, I'm usually only working on saturdays on this site ;)
I'm using the standard "TinyMCE" editor. Under "forbidden elements" is only "wobble"^^
Where can I see/change the permissions?

jenkinhill

Biggreuda if you only do this on Saturdays I'll guess you are using an older release you will have missed this weeks updates. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94183.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Biggreuda

Thanks for the hint, jenkinhill!
To be honest, i've read the first and the last pages of the thread you linked and now i'm really not shure if i want to do this update until it's stable and official ;)

millennium

Hi everybody,

i have same html code problem in description. I'm already storeadmin, but i can't insert simple table at the end of description. Using JCE editor. Please help

Thank you
Regards,
Andrius

J1.5.25 VM2

PRO

millennium, check your JCE permissions.

I think its whitelist or something

Can you edit joomla articles?>

millennium

Hi, i can insert tables in joomla articles, but when i press save button in product description the end of product description is missing. Tried to save html code directly in database, the result is the same. It seems that database, isn't updated correctly. Maybe you know what a problem could be? Thanx for your answer.
Regards,
Andrius

J1.5.25 VM2