(SOLVED in SVN )Related Products Images - Doesnt Show MAIN Image

Started by alexsai, November 23, 2011, 18:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexsai

Hi! In my product details view I have related products. My products have 2 - 3 images. Is it possible to choose the related product image or make VM choose the first one? I ask this because in the related products vm shows the last image of each product.

PRO

Cleanshooter

You can set the display order by going into the product details and dragging the images into the order you want them displayed. If you have never dragged into an order it will by default display the last images added to the product details ( I think).
- Cleanshooter

PRO

Cleanshooter, he means in the related products. The related products show the last image, and not the main image.

PRO

OP: I cannot reproduce this problem.

I tried a few ways, and could not get it to do it like you say.

HOW are you choosing images? Are you choosing them? or uploading them?

OTHER people have had this problem, I just cannot reproduce it

Cleanshooter

OK THX BT.pro I see what you mean as it is happening on mine too.  I will look into to and see what i can find :)
- Cleanshooter

PRO

I tried a few ways and it did not do it on mine.

alexsai

Hi, i used synchronisation for adding images and then i used add image in the product page.
I upgrade to version M from version J.
I have a backup site and I can make an account for you so yuo can check.

PRO

alexsai, the images should be in the folder, and you do not have to upload.

Use the "filter images" up top in the images tab. Just search for the image

alexsai

I  explained my self not very well. Actually I did as you said.
Anyway the problem is in the related products..
If u cant reproduce i can give u access to my site.

PRO

Milbo

Hmm please try the new version in the svn then, it is ready for testing.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alexsai

Hi Milbo,
do you mean the 'N' relese. I can't find it on 'others download', when you will relese it?

cas

I have the same problem with version M.  The problem is caused because it's displaying the image from the table virtuemart_product_medias with the lowest 'virtuemart_media_id', but it should be displaying the image with the lowest 'ordering' number.   

Hi Milbo, is this what you fixed in the svn?   When do you expect version N to be released with this fix?   I've never had any luck trying to use the svn.

Thanks,
Chuck

Milbo

Quote from: cas on November 26, 2011, 07:30:36 AM
it's displaying the image from the table virtuemart_product_medias with the lowest 'virtuemart_media_id', but it should be displaying the image with the lowest 'ordering' number.
ah thanks, that is a good hint to follow, I will take a look on it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member