News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Edit the look of my product layout

Started by minxb, November 23, 2011, 13:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minxb

Hi I'm using joomla 1.5 and virtuemart 1.9.8 and would like to change the way that my product is displayed, when I click on the catergory in my left menu on my web page it take me to the page where the product are displayed but it doesn't look very good with the text on top of the image etc. I used firebug to figure out what I might want to change but am not sure what file to edit or where to find it. Which file do I make changes in to change my product view please?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

minxb

thank you so which php file do I need to find to change the product view and where do I find it? There see to be a lot of them but I can't find the one that matches the lines that  found with firebug. So I don't actually know which file to edit, I'm really new at this I wanted to instal 1.1.9 but it ept failing and the only one that seems to install properly is 1.9.8 so I've been trying to make that work.

JtouchMobile.com

#1: components/com_virtuemart/views/categories/tmpl
#2: components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl
#3: components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl

There are folders you need to take a look in, for product details page, the folder is #3
Author of Jtouch - Mobile solution for Joomla & VirtueMart
http://www.jtouchmobile.com

minxb