News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

sh404sef and Virtuemart 2rc

Started by berghoff, November 23, 2011, 11:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berghoff

Hi.

I am now studying new virtuemart with joomla 1.7 and I do really like all the work that was  to new version of VM.
The subver. M is more or less stable to use it live (as it was said by you) and the only thing I am waiting is sh404support of VM2

Please tell me when the vm2 plugin for sh404sef will be ready?

Thank you.

jjk

VM2 has it's own SEF settings, so there is no need for sh404sef. As far as I know there are currently no plans do a sh404sef plugin.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

alatak

Hi,

As mentionned JJK, there is no real need for SEF404.
I confirm that we have currently no plan to do a plugin to sh404SEF. But may be you can ask sh404SEF development team, if they have.

lindapowers

please not that router.php file again which created 2 billion duplicates of VM pages, actually I had to use sh404sef to deal with that.

alatak

Hi,

QuotePlease tell me when the vm2 plugin for sh404sef will be ready?
You should ask the sh404SEF team if they plan to do it, and when.

Studio 42

Quote from: lindapowers on December 07, 2011, 01:41:17 AM
please not that router.php file again which created 2 billion duplicates of VM pages, actually I had to use sh404sef to deal with that.
Virtuemart 2 use canonical URLS, how find you the duplicate contain ?
In normal case google must not get all your product/cateogries as duplicate contain but must consider it as the same page.

Plz give us the website given you the duplicate contain, to find why.

Thanks

lindapowers

Hi, google webmaster tools marked each vm product page as having duplicated urls.

Also they appear on sh404sef

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The website is www.comenaranjas.com but right now we are using sh404sef.

Maybe duplicates were caused by the carrousel and the categories modules? no idea :P

Regards

jjk

Looks like there is a small misunderstanding.
The link to Lindapowers' website reveals a VirtueMart 1.1.x shop. :o ...That's a completely different story...  ;)
@Lindapowers - You probably meant that you hope you don't see that old problem in the new VM2 again. However, I know shops who also solved that using VM 1.1.x

lindapowers

yeah jjk, thats exactly what I meant  ;)

In our case for vm 1.1.8 we solved it with sh404sef, but if theres no need for that component in VM2 even better.

Studio 42

Yep jjk seems to be VM 1.1.x.
and sure in this case you have duplicate contain if you do not use another tool or modify your robot file

jan suhr

OK, VM2 has SEF, but what we use sh404SEF for is SEO. If someone has looked at redShop you know what I am talking about. sh404SEF is built in to redShop and the reason for that is SEO. For a webshop SEO is essential for its success!

The settings for SEO in VM2 is a joke and do nothing at all if we talk SEO.

SEF is one thing and SEO is another that in some extent uses SEF.

I really urge you in the VM team to come up with a plugin for sh404SEF, the team at Anything Digital will not do it. It's your job!

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

jjk

If you can't do SEO without sh404SEF, you will have to wait for a third party to help you.
The other option is to explain why SEO doesn't work with VM2 and make suggestions for improvement.
I frequently get number 1 or at least first page positions without using sh404SEF  ;D

alatak

Hi,
QuoteI really urge you in the VM team to come up with a plugin for sh404SEF, the team at Anything Digital will not do it. It's your job!

Sry, but i don't agree. sh404SEF is a commercial component. Our job is to provide VirtueMart core, modulules and plugins.

The only thing we can do, is to ask them .

jan suhr

Quote from: alatak on December 31, 2011, 10:08:30 AM
Hi,

Sry, but i don't agree. sh404SEF is a commercial component. Our job is to provide VirtueMart core, modulules and plugins.

The only thing we can do, is to ask them .

Well, as I have understand it some of the VM2 plugins that are in the pipeline will be charged for, like the plugin to be able to have pricing based on quantity. I have just got an offer to pay €50 for it and with an additional €150 I would get full support. This for a function that was a standard part of VM1.

I have no problem with paying for a sh404SEF plugin but the coding for it is best done by people from VM.

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

jjk

Just for fun - I just looked at some VM2 shops, which are online already, picked one of their product titles from the product details view and copied it into the Google search. Guess what happend - from 7 different ones I tried, 6 came up on No1 position and one still was on page number one - well ahead of ebay or amazon stuff...
Looks like VM2 does a good SEO job without sh404sef!  :)