Author Topic: Converted Custom Attributes Extended Hack 3.0 for VM 1.1 + J1.5  (Read 76736 times)

crywolf

• Beginner
Re: Converted Custom Attributes Extended Hack 3.0 for VM 1.1 + J1.5
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2013, 23:57:02 pm »
hallo, how would you make a browse_page so? http://opladen.pizzafreunde.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=1&reload_done=true

click on price to open a window with the custom attributes!
thanks

timkolm

• Beginner
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2013, 06:39:14 am »
function customAttributeHTML from ps_product_custom_attribute.php, is inherited from core ps_product_attribute.php
Yes, this file is responsible for showing tips. But I saw that tips are already detached from any html tags, so it's some file that responsible for packing the tips into the database. Do you know what it is?

webgobe

• Advanced
  • Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/webgobe
    • Internet craftsman carrying on the heritage of European manufacturing traditions through original Web designs.
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2013, 17:43:04 pm »
@timkolm: CAE is piggybacking on core VirtueMart Custom Attribute, the data is stored along with other product data using standard functions. And yes, all HTML is wiped out. I generally use a workaround, I have aslightly modified file letting me to use a new "tip" location attibute - a number. And this has the side effect of generating a RokBox popup window with and atricel - the number is that articles ID. This way you can add nearly anything as tip. Here is a live variant:
http://server-elcadia.com/denes/DBR/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=6&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2
You need to log in, use test/test
Then click on the Start Rental process under the Availability date calendars, to enter the product details. Here click on Adult Lifejackets to see the trick in action.
The solution is not GPL, is result of a commercial assignment.
@crywolf:  You have everything handy in the CAE pack ;) Custom attributes are listed in a <div> - another custom attribute, and the template is a bit tweaked to add a link to the price wich triggers a 2 line little havascript wich shows/hides the div.
Like a fine wine... Good from the start and getting better over time.
Donations are welcome!

crywolf

• Beginner
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2013, 13:05:10 pm »
@ webgobe
Thanks a lot for the answer, but they are still inexperienced I did not succeed

update
I think the link to the price I have succeeded but I can not make out the window with the custom attribute

<div class="browseProductContainer">

<h3 class="browseProductTitle"><a title="<?php echo $product_name ?>" href="<?php echo $product_flypage ?>">
            <?php echo $product_name ?></a>
        </h3>

<div class="browsePriceContainer">
           <a href="<?php echo $product_flypage ?>"><?php echo $product_price ?></a>
            <div style="float:left;width:60%"><?php echo $product_s_desc ?><br />
        </div>

webgobe

• Advanced
    • Internet craftsman carrying on the heritage of European manufacturing traditions through original Web designs.
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2013, 09:09:22 am »
You need to import the cart functions into the category browsepage. CAE need them, the entire hack relies on cart related functionality. by default in the category browsepage the needed functions aren't used. A bit tricky, but can be done.
First of all, you need to change some settings, like Virtuemart --> Configuration --> Site > Layout > Configuration > Show the Add-to-cart-button on the product list is set to YES, - this enables the use of a simple add-to-cart button on category browsepage, but this is crucial, then you need to import couple of needed libraries. I never did this to the end myself, but I saw some posts around here in the forum.
Donations are welcome!

crywolf

• Beginner
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2013, 20:06:28 pm »
@Webgobe :)
Sorry to bother  you-it is possible that in the browse page by clicking on the product detail to open a popup or lightbox containing the flypage or better yet, only the custom-attribute, but every time we have to go in the flypage and then go back into the browse-page to continue with the order? thank you very much!

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2013, 20:36:36 pm »
Probably can be done. But that's a hard work... and I don't really have free "slots" these days... Opening the flypage is the easier way to do it. As I allready pointed out, the entire Custom Attribute Hack works INSIDE of the ADD TO CART code... So for an easy solution (relatively easy, I mean) you need to reuse the entire context where the hack works.
Popup of flipage is the way to go.
Donations are welcome!

crywolf

• Beginner
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2013, 15:27:47 pm »
@webgobe
 hi I have a problem with the display of products with custom attributes in google chrome (Ie and Firefox ist ok) you have an idea how to solve?
example:  http://doncamillo-freisenbruch.de/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&category_id=1&product_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3
thank you very much!

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2013, 17:06:14 pm »
It is a CSS problem in your template. For some reason the size of the div holding the cart is mis-interpreted by Chrome.
Donations are welcome!

crywolf

• Beginner
« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2013, 10:56:17 am »
Thanks for the reply Webgobe!
I attach the template css template in use and the default theme css template in the hope that you have time to check them!
again thank you very much!

[attachment cleanup by admin]