Author Topic: Converted Custom Attributes Extended Hack 3.0 for VM 1.1 + J1.5  (Read 76681 times)

webgobe

• Advanced
  • Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/webgobe
    • Internet craftsman carrying on the heritage of European manufacturing traditions through original Web designs.
Re: Converted Custom Attributes Extended Hack 3.0 for VM 1.1 + J1.5
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 13:09:16 pm »
Price update? Yes, I attempted it once, and then abandoned. You would need to replicate the cart functionality in the product page for that. Don't worth the effort. (At least nobody needed in a commercial project - or offerefd the finacing for developing it). don't have it in plans - I have other things, more useful ones I guess on my list.
Like a fine wine... Good from the start and getting better over time.
Donations are welcome!

ir_valentin

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 00:07:48 am »
Can u re-upload the files please, the links are dead :( ?

frankele

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 04:56:08 am »
Fatal error: Class 'ps_product_custom_type_file ' not found in \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product_custom_attribute.php on line 92
Send me an URL. Seemingly you didn't installed the hack correctly - or you use a VirtueMart template other, than the default one, and didn't made the modifications needed for the template.

Hi mizou125,
Did you figure out what was wrong, why you were getting that error message? I don't know why I'm getting the same message.
Please help.
Thanks.

webgobe

• Advanced
    • Internet craftsman carrying on the heritage of European manufacturing traditions through original Web designs.
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 10:11:01 am »
Can u re-upload the files please, the links are dead :( ?
sh404SEF generated some bad links for the Romanian version of my page. Fixed. If anyone else is running into similar issues, please, check other language variants (English, Hungarian) or download the files from this thread.
Donations are welcome!

dido76bg

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 06:29:54 am »
Fatal error: Class 'ps_product_custom_type_file ' not found in \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product_custom_attribute.php on line 92
Send me an URL. Seemingly you didn't installed the hack correctly - or you use a VirtueMart template other, than the default one, and didn't made the modifications needed for the template.

Hi mizou125,
Did you figure out what was wrong, why you were getting that error message? I don't know why I'm getting the same message.
Please help.
Thanks.

Just remove the white space in code. Look carefully when you copy paste the code from the manual.

davidyv

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 04:00:25 am »
Hello webgobe,

Thank you for this version, It is a nice hack for virtuemart. I wonder that can we to add the disabled Attribute to these input element. The disabled attribute can be set to keep a user from using an input field until some other condition has been met (like selecting a checkbox, etc.).

Can we do that?

Thanks in advance

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 08:45:34 am »
Not that easy... because these attributes are built to work independently from each other, but isn't impossible. In fact there are couple of similar functionalities implemented, you can create a group of couple of (specific) attributes controlled by a checkbox, and there are another ones - like the "pizza" or the "reservations", "windows" attributes, which have some kind of "cascading" behavior implemented. Read the manual and the old thread, you will find good examples.
Donations are welcome!

blueargylemedia

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 19:43:07 pm »
I could not find my answer in the threads on this and I am hoping someone could shed some light for me.  I have used this hack on a number of sites and it works great but the group options are not working in some versions of ie and I cannot figure out what the heck.

The site is:  lunch dot oslsedu dot org

PHP Built on:    Linux p3slhssl12.shr.phx3.secureserver.net 2.6.18-238.19.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Fri Jul 15 08:15:44 EDT 2011 i686
Database Version:    5.0.91-log
Database Collation:    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version:    5.2.17
Web Server:    Apache
Web Server to PHP interface:    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version:    Joomla! 1.5.10 Production/Stable [ Wohmamni ] 27-March-2009 23:00 GMT
VirtueMart 1.1.9 stable

Thanks!

Oh and I am using the default template.  Thanks!

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 20:09:03 pm »
In IE8 looks okay. I don't have IE9 on any of my PC's to test...
Donations are welcome!

blueargylemedia

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 20:39:38 pm »
Thank you! A shopper today who has 8 said it would not work for her.  The dropdowns did not show up and I have been unable to replicate the error in any browser I have. Darn, and she is kinda done with all my questions.  She is just going to order at home.

dido76bg

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 05:11:07 am »
Hi! I saw that there is an option to add big image in radio type, but when I do so it gives me a massage - the cart is empty:
the coda I use is:
Soup(radio-r)(Please choose a soup|title-hover)(Soup 1[+5.00]|images/img_blue.jpg|images/img_bluebig.jpg,Soup 2[+10.00]|images/img_red.jpgSoup 3[+10.00]|images/img_red.jpg,Soup 4[+10.00]|images/img_red.jpg)
Any idea

webgobe

• Advanced
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 10:06:53 am »
Hmm, need to play with your code... but might be that you did not added big images to all... This part of hack is not my development, so need to play with code to see where fails. I'm swamped right now, but I added it to the shortlist of possible bugs.
Donations are welcome!

dido76bg

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 11:04:57 am »
OK! But there is no problem with the other products in the code. I will try to add "|" to the other one too to see what will become. And I saw some other small problems with code, but I will send them later may be.
I tryed with description but it fails as the big image. I will post the code I use later today.

ivannk

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 11:56:17 am »
I have same problem with images. I dont see image but there are only name of attributes.
Jomla 1.5.22 and VirtueMart 1.1.7 stable

dido76bg

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 14:10:13 pm »
As I told earlier - the problem is in the code. I have tested with the old hack and it is OK.
I will look to compare.
In ps_product_custom_type.php -> line 200 -> $html .= "<div class='radio_box' overflow:hidden' align='center' float='left'>"; // Style

I've compared the scripts and there is no problem with them at all. Just a small styling mistakes.
I've succeeded to add description (text, link to joomla article or K2 item) to the attributes and they pop up with modal as the big image.
I also have changed the path for storing the images to images/stories/vm, because I think it will be easy to upload and manage them.
There are some other things to figure, for example to show the attribute image in cart and to make a custom add to cart template (I just should find it in my archive).
There are some other ideas in my mind but I have and other things to do.
The problem before may be is a result of K2 v2.5.4, or Mootools version 1.2.5, or one of my custom plugins which manages the scripts (I will find).

Regards!