News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Template changes with clicking shopping cart

Started by oeppel, November 22, 2011, 10:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oeppel

Hey guys,

I'm using Joomla 1.7.1 and Virtuemart 1.9.8M and I've got a problem using the shoppingcart.
First of all I've to say that I'm a totally newbie at VirtueMart and I'm sorry about my possibly foolish questions :)
Additionally my englisch isn't the best, so I hope I choose the right words for describing my problems.

Now to my problem...
If I add any products to the shoppingcart a little window pops up which looks really hmm humble. Do I have the possibilty to edit this popup-window in Virtuemart or just in php (no php-skills at all ^^)?
In this popup-window there are to links which might mean "back to the shop" and "show shopping cart" in english (I'm using the german language package).
I'm using an Artisteer template for Joomla and if I click on "show shopping cart" the Joomla template changes into one of the standard Joomla-templates (only for the shopping cart). How can that be? I want the whole VirtueMart shop to use the template which I use in Joomla.

I hope you can catch my problem. Feel free to ask if there is anything unclear.

Thanks a lot and kind regards from Germany
Philipp

CranialBlaze

When vm goes to the cart it strips out your item id, clearly your artisteer template is not assigned properly. If its doing that then it seems to be assigned to the specific menu items of which the VM cart has none.

Options are to either add teh cart to a menu item, that may solve it
or
Make sure your artisteer template is correctly assigned and set as the global default template for your site.
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

1a-websolutions

Hello,

i have solved my Problem - if Suhosin run you need to set up suhosin.request.max_varname_lenght to a minimum of 256

greets

oeppel

A short while ago I read about a VM-Addon for Artisteer which changes the VirtueMart-Template automatically to the Artisteer-Template. Could that solve my problem? Anyone practised with this addon?

Greets
Philipp