News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multivendor

Started by CranialBlaze, November 28, 2011, 10:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CranialBlaze

I was working with a multivendor setup to see its functionality.

I setup a second vendor and logged in with that user account and noticed a number of problems, the worst being the fact that the vendor could edit the store owners products, the assumption is then he will be able to edit other vendors products. I can still understand a vendor being able to see and even open another vendors products (not so nice but ok), but there should definitely be a restriction against the save option

Also when i tried to add a product as this new vendor the Vendor name was that of the store owner and not the logged in vendor and that's an un-editable field which is good but it needs to pic up the correct vendor ID.

Also would make sense if the vendor did not have access to configuration and tools as well as some restrictions or separations for things like payments and shipping, probably a few other things too but at this stage their is little point testing that function further as it can definitely not be used in its current state unless you explicitly trust the other people your giving access to your VM and even then its still not a good idea.
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2