News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom plugin / application develop strategy

Started by berd27, November 21, 2011, 10:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berd27

Hi

I read that the RC 3 will be available soon. (Good work!)
We have developed an application for the 1.X version. Now we want this application to redevelop for the 2.0 version. Is it wise to do this with the RC3 version? or is it wiser to wait for the stable version?

My concern is that there are no more major changes occur, I think of changing things in the database structure. Does Each update (release) is also indicated which files are changed?

What would be your advice, and maybe can you explain a bit more about how the development and update strategy works.

BerD

alatak

Hi,

QuoteIs it wise to do this with the RC3 version? or is it wiser to wait for the stable version?
Imho, it is wise to wait the RC3.
We have done 2 major changes:
1) we have simplified the code for the Payment and Shipping plugins. The Triggers have been renamed.
2) We have modified the database tables to  be able to have multilingual shops.

QuoteDoes Each update (release) is also indicated which files are changed?
Not with RCs.

berd27

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i have one last question.

Do you expect that after the release of RC3, there will be major structural changes? Like Database and large code changes.
Or is the RC3 version just for testing and when a small bugs are fixed, it will become the first final version?

Thanks,
BerD

alatak

Hi,

QuoteDo you expect that after the release of RC3, there will be major structural changes? Like Database and large code changes.
Or is the RC3 version just for testing and when a small bugs are fixed, it will become the first final version?
I don't think that will be major changes after the RC3.
We do hope that the final version will come just after that release . :)

berd27

Thanks.

I will wait for the RC3 and then we will start with the redevelop off our application.
Is there any roadmap when this version is released?

BerD

alatak

Hi,

QuoteIs there any roadmap when this version is released?
Not really.