News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Add to cart doesn't work

Started by JdKock, November 19, 2011, 19:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

You are not loading jQuery. Turn it on in VM configuration/templates/ Using the Virtuemart jQuery then check for JS conflicts.

Similar to http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92421.msg312504#msg312504
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

arnask

thanks jenkinhill,

i tried yesterday this, but nothing worked. Today it worked from the first time. Don't know why.
What do you mean by "then check for JS conflicts". Can you explain me what to do? please

Jerome

I am using Joomlart T3 Frame work for Joomla 2.5.3 and VM 2.0.2 and notice issues when Minify, Join and Compress (M,J,C) is turned on. I am using various Java script modules and notice that when (M,J,C) is enabled it causes issues with Virtuemart only. When ever I use the modules without being in a VM category everything works fine. (meaning selecting a joomla menu or article page) But when i select a VM category with the (M,J,C) turn on thats when the JS conflicts occur. Only when I select a VM category the JS conflicts occur. In the Joomlart T3 there is an option to exclude JS files from being (M,J,C). I found that the file of facebox.js is causing the conflict from using the (M,J,C) feature. Note that with Joomla, Joomlart T3 Frame work, and VM only installed the (M,J,C) feature doesn't work because VM Javascripts conflict with each other. Not sure why but I do know that when ever I exclude the facebox.js from being (M,J,C) everything else works. I tested on a remote and local server. On the local server I had to exclude the facebox.js in Joomlart's T3 Framework and disabled the "Use external google jquery library" option inside the configuration of VM. On the remote server I simply excluded he facebox.js in Joomlart's T3 Framework. Not sure if this is a real bug but throwing it out there for people that have issues with JS in VM. Does anyone have a better solution to use (M,J,C) with VM 2.0.2 javascripts?

Bigitybossman

Hi,

I had the problem of products not adding to cart. I went into my T3 template settings and turned off the  "optimize JS" option and it worked a treat.

cheers

Shadal

I am experiencing this problem on a fresh J!2.5.7 & VM2.10 installation. I am also using a T3 Template. I have disabled the T3 optimizations for the template.

Here's where it's screwy..
I can have the price adjust as cart attributes are changed when I enable 'Configuration -> Templates -> Using the VirtueMart jQuery'
Or...
I can have the add to cart button (but not the price adjustments) work if I disable 'Using the VirtueMart jQuery'

This is a major problem, someone please assist..  :-\

Site: http://goo.gl/yc4fv

Thanks!

Update:
Oh geez...
I unchecked 'Configuration -> Checkout -> Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart'' and now both the price adjustments and add to cart button work...

djex

Hi All ,
First of all check if it works with and without the www. subdomain.
If you set the domain with www /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg.php you should call the website with the www. on front too, to see the "add to cart" button working .
otherwise it wont work.
Cheers!
------