News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multivendor features what works and what doesn't?

Started by KooTjoo, November 17, 2011, 13:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KooTjoo

Hi,

I completely understand the reasons for disabling some of the Multi Vendor Capabilities of VM2. But it would be such a great feature to have in VM. I love VM and have been using it for years now that's why I also no this Multi Vendor Scenario is on the "to do" list for years. That's why I have a few questions regarding Multi Vendor.

1. What Multi Vendor Features work already?
2. Is there any time frame when we can expect VM2 stable with (if it was only some working) Multi Vendor Capabilities. I don't need an exact date but is it Week, Month, Year?
3. Looking back at VM Development in the past years isn't there a great risk that when VM2 becomes stable development of VM3 starts and Multi Vendor Capabilities are put on hold again?

What I basically would like to have already is:
- Assign Vendors to products.
- Ability for Vendors to add and edit only their own products through the frontend.
- Ability for Vendors to look at their own orders on frontend.

Hope someone can give some info on this?

Thanks and best regards,
KooTjoo

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

KooTjoo

Thanks for your answer,

I already read this topic. But this doesn't answer all my questions. Especially the "Frontend" questions are important to me.

Thanks,
KooTjoo

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

KooTjoo

Any plans for this? I think it is almost a must have for a good multi vendor e-commerce product.

Have a look at jMarket. It's great looking at functionality but it is full of bugs.

Thanks,
KooTjoo

KooTjoo

Hi,

Sory to bother again, but still some questions left. In the other topic you mention that a lot of functionality is already implemented in VM2. You say: "It IS in every VM2. You just need a bit more brain to use it"
What I not really understand (maybe not enough brain ;) ) is when I enable it in the backend what is already working out of the box and what has to be "put on" in the code. I would like to start with some basic functionality like:
- Vendors get an e-mail when one of there items is ordered so that they can ship.
- I want to assign shipping methods to multiple Vendors. Payment done only to the main site admin.
- E-mail to the site admin of the orders and from which Vendor.
- A correct handling of the problem when Customers want to order from Multiple Vendors.

Is this basic functionality automatically active when I turn on Multi Vendor or do I have to make changes in the code. I I must can you give me some hints on where (and what) to change. Or is a version of VM2 available where this code isn't commented out or changed?

Thanks,
KooTjoo