News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Paypal API and Website Payment Pro

Started by thefuzmixman, November 15, 2011, 23:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefuzmixman

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but i swear I've gone through 50 threads trying to figure this out.

Using the VM 1.1.8 installation and Joomla 1.5.22, is it possible to use the default VM paypal API and pay on the site without being redirected to Paypal? My client has a Website Payment Pro account and an SSL cert enabled on the website, but this is just simply not working correctly.

Currently what is happening is at step 4 after we've entered credit card information, it's redirecting us to Paypal to do the same thing all over again. A.) This completely defeats the point of using Website Payment Pro and B.) It's not even passing the variables to the Paypal form if that ended up having to be the option to use.

I fixed the credit card error that everyone else was seeing, but now I am still stuck. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

maxstjb

Hi, Have you been able to figure this out?

I'm also trying to setup a website with Paypal Payment Pro so that the customer stays on the website.  Is the Paypal API payment method the best way to do it?

I've bought a module on http://bigfootextensions.com/ which is supposed to do the job but it's not working and no one at bigfoot answers my email (which is very frustrating).

So if you found a way to make it work, your help would really be helpful!

Thanks

tez

I'm trying to work out if VM 1.1.8+ supports Paypal Payments Pro, there is a confusing message for the new VM Paypal API in VM which says "Enable Direct Payment? Yes/No: Only enable if you can use PayPal's Websites Payments Pro.".

I don't know if that statement is suggesting if the admin has configured Paypal Pro properly or if it means a developer needs to add modules to the website before Pro will even work.