News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

currency converter

Started by ronin75, November 15, 2011, 21:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronin75

good day
i am from South Africa. PayPal unfortunately does not yet accept the ZAR which leaves us with somewhat of  a frustration when it comes  to payment processing. i have joomla 1.7.2 with virtuemart 1.9.8M. the currency converter is converting the pricing from ZAR to USD, but it pulls the ZAR amount with a $ dollar sign through when proceeding to the paypal site.how do i prevent  it from doing this and just usee the converted amount?

kind rergards

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jameel

solution to your problem is here

http://www.itechshop.org/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=19

but this module is for virtuemart 1.1.x, tested on almost all versions of VM. it let you set 98 currencies in the store and convert them into any paypal supported currency of your choice..
Virtuemart + Joomla extensions www.itechshop.org
get Paypal extended, payza extended, moneybookers extended module that let you use 98  currencies nonsupported paypal/alertpay/mb currencies on VM 1.1.x and convert them to supported one at www.itechshop.org

220+ domain extensions www.industechnologies.co

ronin75

At Milbo, thank you for your reply but editing the currency is not a viable option as it would mean that everytime the exchange rate changes the shop prices has to be manually changed. At Jameel, thank you for your reply. i will have to find out if it will work in VM2...

Milbo

it is the right solution ronin, just create a new currency,.. for exampel USD 24.11.11 with the exchange rate of today. you can also add gold or other currencies.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ronin75

does that mean i must create a currency for each and every day?

Milbo

No,
When you enter something, then it is fixed, when you enter 0 it tries to use the xml from the bank, when this is also empty it is set to 1.

Everything in VM2 is calculated this way: item currencies => Convert to shop currency = result => convert to viewer currency.

So when paypal gets $ and not the symbol of ZAR, then the format of Zar is assumingly wrong stored. So edit your ZAR and you may export this, so that we can update our value with the right symbol.

When this not helps, than we have a small bug in the paypal plugin

ronin75

hi MIlbo
i have created the new currency with the exchange rate of the day. i have set it as the default currency for the shop. the new currency is in USD, my shop prices are in ZAR.
when entering the shop it does not pick up any prices.

Milbo

I need to see your installation

ronin75

Hi Milbo can i pm it to you?

alatak

hi,

Quotei am from South Africa. PayPal unfortunately does not yet accept the ZAR which leaves us with somewhat of  a frustration when it comes  to payment processing. i have joomla 1.7.2 with virtuemart 1.9.8M. the currency converter is converting the pricing from ZAR to USD, but it pulls the ZAR amount with a $ dollar sign through when proceeding to the paypal site.how do i prevent  it from doing this and just usee the converted amount?

We are working on that now.
In the paypal payment there will be the accepted currencies for the payment (Paypal for you).
But in your case what shall i do, send the amount in the ZAR currency to Paypal and paypal does the convertion, or send the amount in USD according t the bank exchange rate that VM has.

Because i have notice that the exchange rate that VM gets is not exactly the same as the one used by Paypal.

alatak

Hi,

we have added a payment currency in the payment plugin.
Now you can have your shop displaying in ZAR, and pay via paypal in USD.

ronin75

thank you alatak
i didnt see this post until now. my apologies. was using an offline payment but will try this out...

ronin75

alatak i have made my shop currency ZAR and accepted currency USD. In the payment method(paypal) I have set the currency to USD. I have also installed the default virtuemart currency converter to convert from ZAR to USD. however i still get the "recipient does not accept payment in ZAR" from Paypal. both the standard payment plugin and paypal plugin has been set to publish. am i missing something?

alatak

Hi,

Can you send me your web site URL ?