Author Topic: Module into Browse Page  (Read 1400 times)

ingharic

• Beginner
Module into Browse Page
« on: November 13, 2011, 23:55:14 pm »
I have added a mod_custom module into the browse page for commercial vehicles so I can put in an image that is not a product. Then I have added different mod_custom and each of the categories has a different image but for some reason it is only displaying the commercial vehicles image??

http://www.info.dhfwebdesign.co.uk/commercial-vehicles?page=shop.browse&category_id=1

Regards

Richard

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
Re: Module into Browse Page
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 04:25:59 am »
Sounds like an interesting idea, however I think it's going to be difficult getting help on a custom module you've created (as it's slightly outseide the scope of VM and the knowledge base).
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

ingharic

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 23:13:17 pm »
Many thanks for getting in contact with me but I sorted it out in the end without using the custom module but instead inputting the code into the virtuemart category page in the backend:

<div class="mceItemVisualAid" style="background-image: url(images/stories/commercial_browse_page.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: right top; width: 900px; height: 328px; position: absolute; overflow: auto; top: 60px; left: 8px;"><br></div>

Regards

Richard

ingharic

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 16:21:35 pm »
By the way if your interested in contacting me you can via:

www.navigationweb.co.uk

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 16:47:43 pm »
y not use the category description field for this?
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

ingharic

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 16:47:01 pm »
I will try it this evening as the links do not work in the browse page using the above code.

Also, when I load additional images to the products it doesnt let me put them in order?

Another problem I have is that when you click on the addtional images in the front end it doesnt pop up to the image you have clicked on only the main product image that also appears on the browse page?

Any ideas?

Regards

Richard