News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

PayPal IPN Transaction on your Site‏ error

Started by oodya, November 13, 2011, 13:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ayj984l3

I believe you, but I don't understand... I thought DNS entries were essentially universal.  I just did another test transaction and here's the relevant line:

66.211.170.66 - - [06/Jan/2012:06:00:14 -0700] "POST /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/notify.php HTTP/1.0" 200 4661 "-" "-"

I'm attaching the whole relevant piece of the server log in case that's not the line you were looking for.  Would this be something I would address by telling my host (hostmonster) they need to somehow update their DNS??

--EDIT--
I have now processed the refund on the PayPal site and this is the server log entry from PayPal when that was done:

66.211.170.66 - - [06/Jan/2012:11:36:54 -0700] "POST /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/notify.php HTTP/1.0" 200 4550 "-" "-"

[attachment cleanup by admin]

sdkwebservices

I was trying to use the PayPal new api option and had the sandbox set to NO yet I was getting this error.

I ended up debugging the notify.php script and found that the PAYPAL_DEBUG variable was actually set to 1 so it was using the sandbox.paypal address. I tracked the PAYPAL_DEBUG variable down and it looks like it is actually set from the PayPal legacy option even if you are using the PayPal new api option. As soon as I set the test mode in the PayPal legacy option to NO this email message error stopped occurring. (Make sure you uncheck the set active checkbox as well when you update the PayPal legacy option otherwise it will become active)

nasowos

I am receiving a very similar E-Mail everytime a purchase is made via paypal:

Subject: PayPal IPN Transaction on your Site

Hello,
                An error occured while processing a paypal transaction.
                ----------------------------------
                    Response from www.sandbox.paypal.com: HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily
Server: BigIP
Content-Length: 0
X-Cache: MISS from hproxy.world4you.com
Connection: close

The payment works, it is just this annoying E-Mail. I have never ever made something with the paypal sandbox - I started testing live. Anybody has an idea where this comes from?