News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

PayPal IPN Transaction on your Site‏ error

Started by oodya, November 13, 2011, 13:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oodya

Hi all,

I have finally managed to get my site to accept PayPal payments.  The only problem that I am having now is that when somebody purchases something from my website, I am getting a purchase order confirmation along with another e-mail, which is the following:

E-mail:

Subject: PayPal IPN Transaction on your Site‏

Hello,
An error occured while processing a paypal transaction.
----------------------------------
Response from www.sandbox.paypal.com: HTTP/1.0 302 Found
Server: BigIP
Connection: close
Content-Length: 0

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

stinga

Is this meant to be a real transaction? If it is you should not be using the sandbox. In fact a good suggestion is to never use the sandbox!
The sandbox ip address are not valid payment ip's (at a guess) so VM will reject.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

gabitu

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue, the PayPal transaction is confirmed, the order status is changed to confirmed, the money arrive in my PayPal business account (Website Payments Standard), all good, except this email message:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 30 November 2011 6:09 AM
To: store@mystore.com.au
Subject: PayPal IPN Transaction on your Site

Hello,
Content-Length: 0

I don't understand, I'm using only the paypal API as payment method and the Sandbox Mode is set to No.
Also I configured Instant Payment Notification (IPN) settings in Paypal, seting up "Notification URL": http://www.mystore.com.au/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/notify.php

Thanks in advance.

stinga

Looks like you are still sending the data to the sandbox, I would check that first, then move on.
You need to work out why you are getting that error message.
Stinga.
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

gabitu

Problem solved, the problem was with the site being offline during my pre-launch tests (I launch the site on 1st of December...). Makes sense now!   ;D

After launch, by making the site online (Global Configuration->Site->Site Offline->No), I don't get the error email message anymore and I can see the IPN in Paypal...

Cheers,
Gab

hexardan

Hi All,

I am having the exact same error report sent to me whenever any type of transaction is made in my paypal account, not just when an order is placed, through the website.
I suspect it could be the notify.php file, but can't seem to narrow it down to anything specific.
The site is live and all payments and orders go through without any issues other than this sandbox error report.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

gigsakos

Hello! i've got the following message too.. to my mailbox

"Hello,
Content-Length: 0"

after that i've got the money to my paypal account but always i get this message to my mail.. also customers complaint that they get error message during the payment... i've set the sandbox mode to "No"

why am i get this message always??
please help!!

stinga

Dunno, but somewhere you have the sandbox IP address in your system.
Stinga.

ayj984l3

Hi Stinga,

I'm having the exact same problem, so it's a bigger issue than just one or two people.  You're right that the sandbox API is in my system, but I just scanned the site code completely and it's only in your product pages at:

/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/notify.php /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/paypal_api/CallerService.php
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/checkout.thankyou.php

The site is live and the store is not offline.  Sandbox mode is set to "No." Presumably the sandbox link in those pages should only be used if sandbox mode is set to "Yes."  If it helps, I'm using PayPal (New API) rather than PayPal (Legacy).  I wish I was a good enough PHP programmer to help you with debugging, but it looks like we're all stuck and reliant on your help.

stinga

I would log on to PP and have a look at the PP IPN trx logs.
Try and match them up.

I would then have a look the web server logs for those IPN transactions and see where they are coming from.

It might be that PP have mucked up their DNS somehow.

I would then have a look at the code and try to determine what the real error is. That message is not very helpful really.
Stinga.

ayj984l3

I appreciate your confidence in my technical abilities, Stinga...  There's a huge amount of info in the server log and it would be helpful if you could give me some hint on what I'm looking for.  It looks more like a description of the pages were loaded than what your script might have sent to PayPal.  I went through the steps to place an order, downloaded the server log from my hosting service, and extracted the lines from my session.  I've attached the file to this message.

By the way, when I click on "Confirm Order" the VirtueMart page refreshes with this error in red at the top:

Error: Error - Paypal did not complete the transaction. Please try again in a little while.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_paypal_api)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

ayj984l3

UPDATE: I tried to "Confirm Order" again and this time it appeared to be successful.  However, if I look at my order history it says I don't have any.  I'm attaching the new lines in the server log.  I've checked the PayPal account the money was to have come from, and no transaction happened.

Honestly, I'm not sure where to look on the PayPal site for the info you were talking about.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

stinga

Does not tell you much...

66.211.170.66 - - [03/Jan/2012:20:55:30 +0000] "POST /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/notify.php HTTP/1.0" 200 - "-" "-"

But that is a PP IPN coming in

The IPN Trx history is under the 'history' tab, called IPN History :-)
Stinga.

ayj984l3

Okay, thanks for the pointer, Stinga.  That could come in handy! 

It seems it almost has to be a PayPal issue somehow.  We finally got a successful test order through yesterday afternoon (even though we got the Sandbox failure e-mail).  When we went to PayPal's site to issue a refund of the test transaction we got another Sandbox failure e-mail--even though the transaction was conducted completely on PayPal's site!  I can't imagine how the VirtueMart configuration or code could have caused that.

stinga

OK, that answers one question.

VM/host/DNS is resolving the ip address to the sandbox address.
If you have a look in your web log you will a line similar to mine (I posted previously). This will give you the ip address that the the IPN came from. Post that address here and we can have a look at it.
This is not really going to be a J!/VM issue, but a DNS type issue. Maybe you host provider has made a c*%! up.

Doing some code investigation I am more convinced the issue is with DNS at your end.
Tell what IP address the IPN is coming from.
Stinga.