PayPal Plugin Jommla 1.7.2 - VM 1.9.8m - Multicurrency

Started by scooter22, November 11, 2011, 20:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter22

This could be an old chestnut but...

1) Sell an item for 6 EUR and using the VM currency selector it correctly selects 5.14 GBP

when you authosize to paypal, the currency is set correctly to GBP but the value is still in EUR, so the end result is 6 GBP.

2)  The wording VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_NUMBER: 1fdb... appears on the order summary at the paypal site

3) Is there anything that needs to happen with the shipping module for different prices in different currencies?

alatak

Hi,

Quotewhen you authosize to paypal, the currency is set correctly to GBP but the value is still in EUR, so the end result is 6 GBP.
i will have a look.

Quote2)  The wording VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_NUMBER: 1fdb... appears on the order summary at the paypal site
Yes u are rigth. It is corrected for the next version.

Quote3) Is there anything that needs to happen with the shipping module for different prices in different currencies?
What do u mean exactly?

nicole2292

I have the latest version: VM 1.9.8m and paypal is not working. I still see the wording "2)  The wording VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_NUMBER: 1fdb... appears on the order summary at the paypal site" and also the language files are not referenced correctly in the admin despite the fact that they exist in the correct location on the server.

What do I need to do to fix this ASAP?

Nicole

nicole2292

alatak

Hi,

QuoteI have the latest version: VM 1.9.8m and paypal is not working. I still see the wording "2)  The wording VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_NUMBER: 1fdb... appears on the order summary at the paypal site" and also the language files are not referenced correctly in the admin despite the fact that they exist in the correct location on the server.
You can fix that by adding the key in the paypal language file
VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_NUMBER="Order number"

krofeta

Hi

Is this "email version" only paypal payment plugin or I can't find paypal API settings?

alatak

Hi,

The email showing 0 in the price is a problem that only appears with Paypal payments.
QuoteI can't find paypal API settings
Not sure what do you mean.
API settings : do you mean the paypal email?

krofeta

Usualy are two types of PayPal payments; "legacy" and "API". I need API version of Paypal plugin like in 1.1.9.

Thanks,

alatak

Hi,

QuoteI need API version of Paypal plugin like in 1.1.9.
It has not been done.

Johanjanssen

Hi,

What can we do to speed-up the Paypal API development?  ;)

Regards,

Johan

alatak

Hi,

QuoteWhat can we do to speed-up the Paypal API development?  ;)
It has been done, but under a commercial license.

Johanjanssen

Hi,

QuoteIt has been done, but under a commercial license.
and this for VM 2?
Where can we find it?

Regards,

Johan

Johanjanssen

Hi,

where can we buy it?
Or timing for availability?
Can't find anything online.

Any update on the other payment plugins for VM 2?

Regards,

Johan

sscheidegger

Hi

We are using the paypal plugin in our shop - very nice thing!

However, we just found out that there are problems with multi currency (in J 1.7.3 and VM2.0). The shop has multi-currency but the prices in paypal are always shown in VM's standard currency. It happens even when I set the paypal plugin to use a different currency!

Is this problem known to still exist in VM 2.0?

Greets,
Stefan

alatak

Hi

Hi,
QuoteHowever, we just found out that there are problems with multi currency (in J 1.7.3 and VM2.0). The shop has multi-currency but the prices in paypal are always shown in VM's standard currency. It happens even when I set the paypal plugin to use a different currency!
Yes this problem is fixed for the next version .

QuoteAny update on the other payment plugins for VM 2?
In the version currently available (2.0.1.c) on the forum (it is a test version), authorize.net and PayZen has been added.