News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Silent registration with Virtuemart 2.0 and Joomla 1.7 still possible?

Started by Patrick, November 10, 2011, 20:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Is it still possible to us silent registration with the new Virtuemart 2.0 and Joomla 1.7?
Second question how do I configure this?
;D

Milbo

Do you really want silent registration? Maybe you mean anonymous checkout. A silent registration is for exampel in germany legally in a greyzone.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

PRO

Patrick, silent registration in 1.1.9 was only used because a user could not change address etc IF they were NOT a user. So if a user did "no registration" and the customer messed up his address. He could not change it.

Silent registration has caused problems for my customers because they dont know they have an account. Then they try to reorder, and they could not because of the email.

Patrick

We offer diving courses and when multiple bookings on same emailaddres gave (is giving) us some trouble because an Email address could be only used once but if a family books, we need all the family members names and sizes.
Silent registration gave us the option for our customer to use multiple times the same email. (because the customer info was only stored in VM not in Joomla)
But hey if it works no account creation is also OK...
Did found the option register + checkout as guest but really want to separate (no choice, only guest)
:D
Thanks 

Patrick

Is it still possible to only show the checkout as guest (only guest fields) and not the registration one?
Please help....
Thanks

PRO

YES, you just remover the OTHER button from the view.

AND also uncheck the option in backend to request registration on checkout

Patrick

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on November 16, 2011, 18:45:12 PM
YES, you just remover the OTHER button from the view.

AND also uncheck the option in backend to request registration on checkout

Removed the option in backend, of registration.
Can't find where to remove the "other button" option in view
Where do I remove it?

Milbo

oh interesting,... we forgot to remove the buttons, when you set joomla to non registering allowed. Then your problem can be solved within the system.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Patrick

Did some tweaking to the page and it is now the way we want it.
Still got a problem if I make a dropdown menu in the customerregistration.
it shows as rectangle with the options and not a dropdown.
AND
The date option is wrongway around somehow?  it displays 11-11-18 should be 18-11-2011
I need it to be a birthday field (can't set it to a default like 01-01-1995)

PRO

PRO

Quote from: Patrick on November 18, 2011, 20:59:46 PM
Did some tweaking to the page and it is now the way we want it.
Still got a problem if I make a dropdown menu in the customerregistration.
it shows as rectangle with the options and not a dropdown.
AND
The date option is wrongway around somehow?  it displays 11-11-18 should be 18-11-2011
I need it to be a birthday field (can't set it to a default like 01-01-1995)

en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini

COM_VIRTUEMART_DATE_FORMAT_INPUT_JS="y.mm.dd" ; THis is not valid joomla 1.7 !!! COM_VIRTUEMART_DATE_FORMAT_LC="%A, %d %B %Y" ; Date joomla 1.5 >1.6 format changed %d is d now COM_VIRTUEMART_DATE_FORMAT_INPUT="%y.%m.%d" COM_VIRTUEMART_DATE_FORMAT_INPUT_J16="y.m.d"

Patrick

Thanks - BanquetTables.pro - Found the way to change it, but deicided to make it a plain field, couldn't select the birthday date (only went back to 2001)
I need it to go back at least to 1960's

Problem with the registration dropdown field still remains a problem.

Maybe development can do something about or take a look at it?????
(Don't wanna post multiple times)