News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Hide slash price in shopping cart

Started by wyldesolos, November 10, 2011, 03:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyldesolos

When i add anything to the cart then view it there is a price of $0.00 with a slash through it and then the actual price below it. I don't have any discounts or coupons active so why does it show this? how can i get rid of it?

cas

I have the same question... I have a price multiplier setup and in the cart in the Price column it shows our actual cost above the selling price and it's crossed out and the selling price is below it, so it confuses the customers what the lower amount is that is crossed out, and why are they paying the higher price.  Our cost cannot show in the cart.  Please fix this.  See the attached screenshot.   

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Stephen Roberts

I haven't been able to duplicate your issue exactly. Are you using the latest version of VM? How do you have your discount set up?

I don't know if this is specifically related to your issue, but I've found that if no tax rule is defined, the basePriceWithTax=0. It happens in calculationh.php in executeCalculation(). If I comment out:

if (empty($rules))return 0;

It works fine.

Another issue I noticed is that the basePriceWithTax and salePrice are used in the Price column in the cart. Wouldn't it make more sense to show the basePrice instead of basePriceWithTax?
Sell downloadable (virtual) products in VirtueMart 2 and deliver downloads via local server, Amazon S3, and more! http://www.digitollsoftware.com

cas

Yes, I am using the latest version 1.9.8.RC2 M.   I was mistaken... it's not the discount that is showing, but our actual cost that is being displayed in the cart.  That's even worse!  Plus the Discount column is also showing our cost!   And the Price column has the tax added.  The Price column should not have the tax added.   Plus even when the user is not logged in it is adding the CA tax.   How can it do this if it doesn't know which state the user is in.   See the attached screenshot to see how I have the Taxes & Calculations Rules setup.   

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

wyldesolos

Check Attachment. I don't have a tax value defined yet but it shows 0.00 with a slash through it and then the actual price under that value. This is just general info before tax is calculated.

Edit: okay i see now. that would be if i did set a discount for the item. But i need a way to hide that value.

cas

Quote from: Milbo on November 14, 2011, 16:40:59 PM
should be now enhanced in the svn

How do I get the svn with this fix?  I'm not sure how to download the right files and create an installable VM2 component.   Is there a help document about how to do this?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lemtrac