News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

"-detail" string in the SEO Suffix

Started by steinarasb, November 09, 2011, 08:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steinarasb

Hi all.

I've got a J!1.7.2 site with VM2, migrated from J!1.5 and VM1 up and running (dev).

I'm now facing an issue where no mather what category I click on in the shop-front, every product in the database is displayed (with pagination).

Is this a known issue?
Anyone got a way to fix it?

Regards,
Steinar

Milbo

vm1 or vm2? which version? I think it was in the L release, update to M please
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

steinarasb

Hi Milbo.
I was just writing a update when you posted your reply.

Not sure what caused this.
This problem eksisted both with virtuemart1.9.8.RC2L and after an AOI upgrade to virtuemart1.9.8.RC2M.
I reinstalled virtuemart1.9.8.RC2M from the extention manager, and now I can browse my categories.

What seems to be a problem now is that when i try to view a product page I get redirected to the shop front (but with the product URL in the address line).

I guess your questions is addressed in this post :)

steinarasb

Ref: "What seems to be a problem now is that when i try to view a product page I get redirected to the shop front (but with the product URL in the address line)."

This actually worked after i re-added the "-detail" string in the SEO Suffix.

I'd prefer nothing there actually.
SEO-wise product-name is favoured to product-name-detail IHMO.
Is this supposed to be possible?

Milbo

Be sure that you updated your core and the aio. When you have an old aio installed, you must download it manually. All AIO before K point to the update stream of the core.

You should look in the SEO board for your last question. The detail is needed to differ a category from a productdetail. We use a suffix, because the last words in the URL are less important. You can even adjust the word to your language/taste.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

PRO

Quote from: steinarasb on November 09, 2011, 12:19:23 PM

I'd prefer nothing there actually.
SEO-wise product-name is favoured to product-name-detail IHMO.
Is this supposed to be possible?

you can use

"buy" or "sale" and will not hurt, and maybe help SEO.

steinarasb

Good idea, I'll keep it in mind.
One could also consider entering a geographical name, in thos cases where that makes sense.