News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved] Payment and shipping modules produce errors

Started by Simon Reynolds, November 09, 2011, 00:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Reynolds

I am using VM 2.0.0-RC-2k with Joomla 1.7.0

I have just installed everything as a new install with just a base Joomla. With the payment plugin and shipping plugin Published, I get errors when I try to view the site. With them un published, everything seems to work.

With the shipping plugin published, I get a blank screen with the error:

Fatal error: Cannot override final method vmShipperPlugin::getThisShipperName() in /home/herbs/public_html/shop17/plugins/vmshipper/weight_countries/weight_countries.php on line 455

With the Paypal plugin published, I get the error:

Fatal error: Declaration of plgVMPaymentPaypal::plgVmOnConfirmedOrderStorePaymentData() must be compatible with that of vmPaymentPlugin::plgVmOnConfirmedOrderStorePaymentData() in /home/herbs/public_html/shop17/plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php on line 597

and with the standard payment plugin I get:

Fatal error: Declaration of plgVmPaymentStandard::plgVmOnConfirmedOrderStorePaymentData() must be compatible with that of vmPaymentPlugin::plgVmOnConfirmedOrderStorePaymentData() in /home/herbs/public_html/shop17/plugins/vmpayment/standard/standard.php on line 193

I did a google search and it would appear there are many sites out there showing the same error messages.

I hopw someone can help as i really want to build this with Joomla 1.7 and VM

alatak

Hi,

Please update with the M version both the component virtuemart and the aio component that contains all the plugins and modules.
Your problem has already been solved.

Simon Reynolds

Fantastic,
Update effortless and now working.

Thanks, can get back to work now!
Simon

djliquid

Quote from: alatak on November 09, 2011, 11:28:19 AM
Hi,

Please update with the M version both the component virtuemart and the aio component that contains all the plugins and modules.
Your problem has already been solved.

thank you - i forgot to update the aio

fit

I have taken over a Joomla 1.6 site from another developer. I have updated VM2 to 1.9.8M and have updated Virtuemart AIO to the latest verison M also. I still cannot seem to find any Shipping Methods other than VM-Shipper.

I manually uploaded Simple Aust Post Module and Ozpost to administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/ but neither seem to appear in the drop down. Any ideas? Much appreciated, thanks

alatak

Hi

QuoteI still cannot seem to find any Shipping Methods other than VM-Shipper.
Yes it is the only one for the moment available.

QuoteI manually uploaded Simple Aust Post Module and Ozpost to administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/ but neither seem to appear in the drop down. Any ideas? Much appreciated, thanks
The VM code has been completly rewritten.
None of the the code from VM1 will work on VM2.
You either have to write the plugin, or ask a professional to do it.