News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom field images display

Started by cas, November 04, 2011, 05:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cas

Quote from: adham on January 04, 2012, 11:22:21 AM
Is there a way to display the images in custom field without the radio button? also without label? thank

Do you want just the images without any selection capability and price adjustment?  If so, you could just add additional product images via the product images tab, and not use custom field images.   Just an idea to make it easier.

adham

Hi!
Sorry didnt know that someone else was having problems with the image upload.
Upload your images to /stories/virtuemart/category or vendor (I think it works on all folders) , then go to your virtuemart backend admin under shop click on Media files and do a sync, your images should appear there (dont forget to publish the images). Now if you go to your product custom fields in the drop down menu your images should be there.

===========
Regarding the other post.
I would like to keep the select and cart option but was just wondering if we can remove the radio button

Cheers!

cas

What selection method do you want the customer to use to select the desired custom field if not a radio button?   Do you just want the image to be highlighted as the selection?  You can also change the radio button to a checkbox if you want the customer to be able to select multiple custom fields at the same time.   

adham

Hi! Was thinking more of just select the image maybe highlighted, I am using this for color selection in my openion it would look way better without the radio or check boxs. this is also to save space as I have about 56 colors to select from.
Cheers!

cas

The website image labels are defined in the admin Shop -> Media File, and the field to edit is the "Displayed image title".  Try leaving this field blank to see what displays on the website.   As far as turning off the radio buttons completely, I'll let one of the experts such as Banquet advise you on the best way to do that.  The best I can offer you is a much nicer formatting of the product page when you have custom field images.  The 2 files are in the zip file I attached in Reply #34 on page 3 of this topic.  Take a look at the website:  https://www.hairextensionsfair.com/shop/full-head-clip-in/pp-straight-16-in-detail

Good luck!

adham

Hi! thanks for the reply
If you empty the Description field empty then it wont show color name, so thats good, will be testing what happens if the description (in my case color name) is bigger than one word (God help us :P)
I have managed to put 4 in a row, but I still have problem with the radio button trying to put it on the top, also the tool tip icon how did you get yours to stay with the title text?

I did went to your site trying to do something similar, only my images are smaller, tried the file you attached but it simply messes up the additional product images.

By the way I am using Joomla 1.5.X and VM 2.0 stable

Cheers!

cas

As far as 4 images across and getting the radio buttons on top, it's all done in the css that I attached.  You just have to keep adjusting the css values until you get it the way you like it.  You would need to use the default.php and the css file I attached in order for it to work.  You just change the name default.php to a different name and upload it into the productdetails/tmpl folder, and then in the admin select the new file instead of the default.  When you say it messes up your additional images, did you include the css info that I attached into your template.css file?  They need to be in sync.  The reason I changed the default for additional images is because the default just has all the extra images in a single vertical column.  I have the extra images set to go across the page under the main image.  You can see these in the link as well.  What happens in your case?   It also fixes the Related products.  The default his related products going in a single vertical column as well.   I have them going across the page. 

adham

Hi Cas,
What I meant by messing it up is that it is displaying the images in horizontal line, I did use both file (thanks), i managed to get the title to show ok by using the< /br> in the default.php
only thing left is the tool tip.

here is my css:

.product-fields .product-fields-title{ font-weight:bold; color:#FF6600; float:left; display:block; clear:both}
.product-fields .product-field {width:100%; float:right;}
.product-fields .product-field label {width:15%; float:left; position:relative; top:5px; left:-5px; margin-bottom:5px;}
.product-fields .product-field input {width:30%; float:left; position:relative; left:5px;}
.product-fields .product-field .vm-img-desc {font-size:9px; text-align:left;}

that gave me the result as in the attached image.
also note in the image how the radio button is over the image? was wondering how great would it be if we can place the radio button on top of the image in the middle  ::)
Also i do have about 60 products that will come in 113 colors, that will push the cart and everything all the way to the bottom, a friend of mine gave me a really cool suggestion, dont know how to go about it though, to display the color chart fields in a pop up (lightbox) that would be so great and a good solution for everyone who has a "big" section of custom fields, just like on your site for the hair product.

Also need to figure out how to fix the price to display in one line
And if you notice the Size field, it is too close to the add to cart, how do I go about fixing that?

My related products do show in vertical line, but the title is too long and making it look ugly.

Thanks again!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

cas

Hi adham,

To get 4-wide all I needed to change was the .product-fields .product-field label width to 17% and it looks perfect.  Take a look at my site now.  I changed it to be 4 across.  https://www.hairextensionsfair.com/shop/full-head-clip-in/pp-straight-16-in-detail  You can also see the results in the attachment.  Everything else is set exactly as it is in the 2 files I attached in the earlier post.  I have uploaded a newer version with minor tweaks, so be sure to download the new file.  Also, if your thumbnails are a different size than mine, that my be causing you the problem.  I have mine set to: 90px w x 90px h, but because the images are not square, they came out 80px w x 90px h.     

As far as custom fields opening in a lightbox when clicked, that's what I have been asking the VM developers to do.   I hope they add this capability when they have time.  If anyone else can help us do this now, we would be greatly appreciative!

As far as the price on two lines, that is happening because VM can display multiple price options (base price, tax, price with tax, etc).  But I agree if there is only one price to be displayed, then VM should display that price on the same line as the price label.

Cheers,
Chuck

[attachment cleanup by admin]

adham

Hi Cas!
Thanks for the reply, in Chrome and IE the images line up ok but for the radio button, in FF I have a white empty space in front of the first row. I did uninstall the 2.0 version as it is full of bugs and not ready for use yet and went back to VM1 did a custom template and works fine, just was wanting the custom fields so bad as it is what I am after, the images and the price per letter plugin.

Well keep testing on an offline site.
Do you have an error when viewing the order? a one with custom fields?

Cheers!

cas

Hi adham,

Mine displays fine in all the browsers.  I agree there are some bugs with VM2, but it's getting the job done for me, and it's a significant improvement in features over VM1, so there's no going back for me.  I'm not getting any errors when viewing orders with custom fields.   Also, Joomla 1.7 is much better than 1.5.  I've been working with VM2 for a long time now, so I guess I just know what things to use and what things to avoid.   My advice is to keep working with it and I'm sure you'll be sold too.

Cheers,
Chuck

adham

Hi!
Well for me to go to J1.7 means extra costs and heaps of work, my web site is full of custom stuff and graphics, some components that I am using wont work in J1.7.

As for VM2, I like the SEO, custom fields and the options that I have seen, like I said it is not ready for a Live site. Maybe a clean installation would make these errors go away, I think there is a conflict between the old DB tables of VM and the new one causing these errors.

Also I just finished a VM1 template and it looks great just missing the options that VM2 gives in the custom fields. if you want I can PM you a link as dont want it to appear here.

P.S does your payment work? not the paypal on. mine dont include the info in the email or checkout process?

cas

Hi adham,

Try the clean install idea.  Also try your best to get to J1.7.  It's so much better!  There are some bugs in VM2, that's to be expected with a new release, but nothing that's a show stopper for me.  I have been reporting lots of problems for months and the VM team either fixed these things or showed me that I was doing something wrong, so now I have a working site that can sell products consistently.    I wonder if some of your issues are similar to mine in that it might just be a misunderstand of how to configure something.  There are lots of configuration differences in VM2 compared to VM1.   My advice is to keep reporting issues to the forum in separate topics so the VM team can help you like they did for me.

As far as the payment, I only use PayPal and it works.  In the order record in the admin, it's missing the custom field value the customer selected, so that I reported, but fortunately the order email has this info twice.  I reported this too.

All the best!
Chuck

scoody

Hi sorry i'm newbie, to have your colors liste like this , is it custom field , "image" where you choose each time the picture, and you have grouped them under a parent ?

:-[

cas

Hi scoody,

Ihe images are not under a parent custom field.  I uploaded all the images with Filezilla to the server, and then Synchronized the images to VM using the Media File editor.  Then I defined one Custom Field called 'Color' of type image.  Then in the product editor in the Custom Fields tab, I just added Color ~20 times, and then for each custom field I picked a different image from the dropdown.  It's really very simple once you get the hang of it.  Good luck! 

Cheers,
Chuck