News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom field images display

Started by cas, November 04, 2011, 05:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cas

Hi Banquet,

Yes, that part I fixed per my last post.  I just need help with these 4 items in my last post:

How to center the radio buttons above the images?

How can I remove the : (colon) in front of the Free (that I removed)?

Is there a way to make the image open the full-size image in a lightbox when clicked ?

I also see the additional main images on the left side of the page display in a single vertical column when they have a description.  Is there a way to fix this to have the images go across the page below the main image and have the description below the image?

Thanks,
Chuck

PRO

I dont know if the colon is in the language file anywhere, but I just removed the colon like this

<?php $field->display  = str_replace( ':', '', $field->display) ?><?php echo $field->display ?>

THAT might not be the best way.

as for the select, you can position relative, and move it to the right.

Pop up image, I dont know. I didnt even know the product options could be done in pictures until I saw this thread.

<?php if(!empty($this->product->images) && count($this->product->images)>1) { ?>
         <div class="additional-images">
         <?php foreach ($this->product->images as $image) { ?>
         <div style="width:33%;float:left;">
            <?php echo $image->displayMediaThumb('class="product-image"',true,'class="modal"',true,true); //'class="modal"'?>
         </div> <?php } ?>
      <?php } ?>

cas

Hi Banquet,

The custom field images are looking great!  Thanks!

But for some reason when I replaced the code for the Additional Images, it messed up the custom field images, and it didn't even change the additional images, so I pulled it out.  Is there some reason you can see why the code for the additional images would not change the additional images, but would impact the custom field images? 

Also, can you let me know the best link to use to donate?  The link in your previous post didn't work.  You have been so helpful. 

Thanks,
Chuck

PRO

I changed the code above, its because the div was not closed for each image.

and if you click on the donate button at the bottom
of www.virtuemart.net

cas

It looks great Banquet!  Thanks for everything!  I made your well-deserved donation. 

Let me know if you ever find out how to make the custom field images open the full-size image in a lightbox when clicked.

I also attached the new default.php file and the template.css changes we made in hopes that you can make it the default.php for the VM base since it's significantly improved with all your great help.

Thanks again,
Chuck

[attachment cleanup by admin]

cas

Hi Banquet, was there any chance your changes became the default product view?   It will help everyone.  The changes are attached in my last post.   

PRO

cas

That's too bad for everyone who uses VM.   Can't you convince someone to make it happen?  All the work is done... they just need to use it. 

PRO

cas, the css changes can be added easily. BUT as for the product page default.php   changes. NOT everyone is going to want the title on top of the select. This will also effect the dropdown box layout for those kind of custom fields

cas

Hi Banquet,

What do you mean "the title on top of the select"?  Also, I didn't understand about the dropdown box layout?  I don't think it effects anything but images.... correct?  I have another site with images and dropdown values and it only changes the images layout, not the dropdowns in anyway.  Check it out: www.designerfurniturecenter.com/furniture/living-room/sofas/sofa-detail

I think you would agree that the current product default view is useless for anyone that has extra images, and that includes extra product images, custom field images, and even the related products, because all 3 of these types display in a single vertical column.  Can you at least PLEASE take a look at my site again www.hairextensionsfair.com  to see how nice it handles images (all 3 types: extra product images, custom field images, related products), and take a look at my attached zip file that holds the css and default.php, to see how best to solve the image shortcomings of the current default product view, to make it better for all VM users.  BTW, I hope you got some of my $100 donation, because you really went above and beyond to make my product view look so good.  Now please make it better for everyone.  Thanks for all your help!

Happy Holidays,
Chuck

PRO

the problem with the additional images is people have different image sizes. So if you cant set the container to a set width, or percentage, and make it look right for everyone. Mine did display inline, BUT because the css had a width of 50px added to it, they were scaled smaller.

The main problem with the related products is the image, and product name are in the same < a href> 
So to fix it, its going to be different for many people, depending on the thumbnail size.

cas

Hi Banquet,

I agree image sizes will be unique for each site, but you have to admit the current product view is a pretty bad starting point.  Why not give folks a better starting point by implementing the changes you did, and then folks can just fine-tune the css to get it to their liking, but at least they will be miles ahead of the current product view.  Does this not make sense to help other folks?   

Plus, can you help me one more time by getting the custom field images to open in a lightbox when they are clicked?  I want it to work just like the extra product images open in a lightbox when clicked.   That way folks can have smaller custom field images to fit nicely on the page, but still show the larger image when clicked.

Thanks,
Chuck     

cas

Banquet,

To make it easier for you, I just updated the latest VM release with the changes and tested it. It works fine, so I replaced the attached zip file with the latest files, so hopefully you can make this the default.  I'm getting tired of having to update the file every time a new release comes out.  Please help make my life easier and make this the default so I don't have keep doing this every other day! 

Thanks,
Chuck

adham

Dont mean to go off topic. But where to upload the images to use in the custom field? for the hell of me I cannot figure it out. Maybe too much coffee :P
FOUND IT SILLY ME!!!

Is there a way to display the images in custom field without the radio button? also without label? thank

cas

Help the rest of us... what did you do to upload Custom Field images?