Fatal error: Cannot override final method vmShipperPlugin::getThisShipperName()

Started by maxillus, November 03, 2011, 00:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxillus

Hello to everyone,

I dont know if someone got some issue and resolved in the past.
I followed instruction reported to install manually plungin for shipping methods but now I get this error when click to show cart link gives error on

plugins\vmshipper\weight_countries\weight_countries.php on line 455

Joomla 1.7 / Vm 1.9.8k

Regards
Max

alatak

Hi,

QuoteI followed instruction reported to install manually plungin for shipping methods but now I get this error when click to show cart link gives error on

Why did you install it manually?

The plugins are linked to some files in the component.I am still working on the plugins. Trying to make less request, making a unique code for both payment and shipping.

If you install a version of the plugin whuch is not compatible with the version of some files in the component, you migth get this error.

maxillus

Hi,

Why did you install it manually?

I'm frustrated and I'm really hardly understanding of this new version. Just installed in 1.9.8k I have not found any shipping method as well as any payment methods. I tried to search for a plugin on this site but I've not found. I only found instructions to manually update MySQL.
I'd be really grateful if you could provide me a link for that plugin.

Thanks

alatak

Hi,

I assume that you have downloaded a file from here:
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

You got , if you downloaded the latest version :
virtuemart1.9.8.RC2k_extract_first.zip

Unzip it first, then you have 2 packages:
com_virtuemart.1.9.8k.zip : this is the component VirtueMart
com_virtuemart_ext_aio.1.9.8k.zip : This is a component called AIO for All In One, which will install all the modules and plugins (shipping and payment).

you MUST install both components.

Karencita_Flaca

Hi. I read this post... And I hope someone can help me because a have a similar problem with my page.
I installed the VM  1.9.8H... everything was right except the cart... I can't increase the quantity of the products, when I clicked the show cart... It send me to my home page.
I updated the VM to the 1.9.8M... and now I had a different error... it gives me this:

Fatal error: Cannot override final method vmShipperPlugin::getThisShipperName() on line 455

Now I can change the producto quantity, buy then. it gives me that error.... How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Stephen Roberts

Did you also update VirtueMart AIO to M? You have to run the same version for both the plugins and VirtueMart or you will likely encounter errors.

I just tested basic shipping in VM2RCM and J1.7.3 with no problems and I don't see a reference to that method on line 455.
Sell downloadable (virtual) products in VirtueMart 2 and deliver downloads via local server, Amazon S3, and more! http://www.digitollsoftware.com