News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

One Click Checkout

Started by sscheidegger, November 01, 2011, 18:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonedfury

This is still a problem in VM2. I was lead here to this post by a search to eliminate the need for clicking confirm button twice. It should be a one time click or the first button should read different after the first. Save your information, then Checkout/Confirm.  As bunglehaze said.
QuoteCustomer clicks cart > either login or in this case register which means clicking the Bill To/ Add/Edit address - no label under bill to explain as there is in shipping:
COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_EDIT_BILLTO_EXPLAIN="Why not have this added to state that new customers enter their details here or click through checkout"
In my case I then click to checkout as Paypal is highlighted already, opens Add Edit Address page > fill in details and click save > back to cart where you then have to login > taken to edit address page again where nothing needs doing just click save > back to cart > click checkout, opens select shipping page, shipping selected > back to cart > click checkout (third time now as a new customer) and you are taken back to cart with a checkout completed message > click confirm order (essentially checkout button for a fourth time)

If you look at it in this way it really is easy to see why people would get annoyed and abandon a purchase,
In just this last week I have received 3 hate emails about the checkout process. If we cannot get this resolved I will be forced to switch to a different eCommerce site. After years of working to get VM going I would loath a switch now.

Has there been a solution ever found or even a work around that does not include purchasing a 1 page checkout. (which we did but didn't work with html5 and twitter bootstrap)
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

bunglehaze

I have often wondered why the checkout page is essentially the same for 2 pages to click confirm. Really if you click the checkout button and everything is entered it should just either checkout or go to a confirmation of items page before requiring a second click. It seems inefficient to click twice for what really is the same page