News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Filter custom fields

Started by groentjie, October 31, 2011, 08:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tobisagt

Thx, i got your mail!

All i can say is that your module works great!!! Thank you for that! :)

2 Questions:

Is it possible to make a submit button? Because now, the site loads everytime i select a box.
I dont know how much time this would take. But a price filter would be nice! :)

fanciful

Thank you very much! I have received the extension too. Happy to hear about the stable version!

balai

Yes the price filtering together with some other features will be added in a next version

balai

Finally we have released the stable version.
There are 2 packages. The starter (free) and the PRO (Commercial).
http://breakdesigns.net/extensions/custom-filters

Any comment or question is welcome.

Kombain

Hi,
your module looks great, its exactly the thing I am looking for. But, is any possibility to see demo of PRO version?

lipes

it's nice to see more evolution in filters by many users...
But i don't understad why the NEW VM2 doesnt have any good, vital and essential solution (to all we) by default... like others free ecommerce plataforms (Magento, etc)....

http://demo.magentocommerce.com/catalog/category/view/s/bed-and-bath/id/10/

in the NEW VM2 we (dont have anything like that... the reason? I dont know why... maybe it's to force some of us, who don't know, on spending some money in filter mod's.. :/
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

jenkinhill

It is not a fair comparison with Magento as the "free version" early development was part of their business plan to get people interested. The community version is almost impossible for anyone but experienced developers to install and commission, which is why Magento Go is becoming much more popular, even if it does cost money. There is no doubt it is a good product but if you stop the monthly payments for whatever reason your store is closed down. http://go.magento.com/plans/ 

But the professional Magento version is a real scalable system for the medium to large to very large store. The cost of (from) $12,990 does mean, though, that only larger stores are using it.

Not everybody needs or wants product filtering in VirtueMart so there is no reason why it should be part of the core.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lipes

VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

balai

QuoteHi,
your module looks great, its exactly the thing I am looking for. But, is any possibility to see demo of PRO version?

Hi yes there will be a demo and more info about this in some days

balai

Here is a temporary demo
http://test3.breakdesigns.net

100gods

Can someone please suggest a free plug-in which can link Joomla content search and VM content search?

Do not wanna go in for paid components for search !!

Thanks. .

---
Using Joomla 1.7 and VM 2.0.0

maufigueiredo

hi, guys! Need some help with filtering products on VM2 wonder if u can give me some ideas...

I'm working on a AutoParts webstore and need to classify each product in two different  categorys trees: one for the Auto selection and another por the Part Category/Type. The customers should be able to select the Auto first, and then I'd show him the Parts Categories avaliable for that specific car, but instead of duplicating the Parts subtree for each car model, I prefer attributing  two categories to a single product, Auto and Part Type.

For instance:

Autos tree: Make/Year/Model/Submodel
Ford->2005->Explorer-> V6
GM->2002->Astra->2.0

Parts tree:
Parts->Break->Break shoe
Parts -> Break -> Break pad
Parts -> Engine-> Cilinder

A product may be used in different auto models, but has only one part type category.

So, my questions are:
1) Using categories for trees is the best option, or should I try to use Custom Fields combined with Categories, or another option ?
2) Is this CustomFilters component  or do you any other capable of working combined with another instance of himself, I mean, some module that I could instanciate twice on my page, one for each category subtree, so that de Parts filter is only loaded once I have an Auto selected ?

By the way, this forum is great ! I've just started working on this VM store for a week and have already found many solutions ... Hope I can also contribute soon...

Thks in advance !

maufigueiredo

Quote from: balai on February 01, 2012, 19:06:54 PM
Here is a temporary demo
http://test3.breakdesigns.net

Balai, you component is really great !

I'd like to sugest a modification on your  Displayed Categories filter, so that it considers the subtree under a selected category, and not only that single one to be displayed ... As it is now, I have to insert all category subtree ids on the field to be displayed.

ahh, I'd appreciate if you could help me with this category filtering issue that I've posted before ... I thing it's a simple improvement on this component, but will guarantee a new buyer for you PRO version ... ;D

thks in advance !

meltingpotdesign

Hi, great extension. Does the pro version have price filters? I can't see them on the demo

meltingpotdesign

Quote from: lipes on January 29, 2012, 16:41:33 PM
humm.... ok
Quote from: jenkinhill on January 28, 2012, 22:36:13 PM
It is not a fair comparison with Magento as the "free version" early development was part of their business plan to get people interested. The community version is almost impossible for anyone but experienced developers to install and commission, which is why Magento Go is becoming much more popular, even if it does cost money. There is no doubt it is a good product but if you stop the monthly payments for whatever reason your store is closed down. http://go.magento.com/plans/ 

But the professional Magento version is a real scalable system for the medium to large to very large store. The cost of (from) $12,990 does mean, though, that only larger stores are using it.

Not everybody needs or wants product filtering in VirtueMart so there is no reason why it should be part of the core.

Would like to point out this is not accurate. Community edition is free forever and although the learning curve is pretty steep, once you get it it's great. I've made a few magento sites and it's a joy to work with. Professional and feature rich. It's biggest draw back is the power required to host the damn thing.  Magento go is a gimmick - that opinions such as yours continue to pedal.