News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Strange TOS Problem

Started by sscheidegger, October 28, 2011, 11:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sscheidegger

Hi all

I'm testing J1.7.2 and VM1.9.8J. I'm doing some tests with the goal of setting up a shop where the customer doesn't need to register or login and I also don't want any TOS or need to check a TOS box. In VM configuration I unchecked all the following: Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER?, Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout?, On checkout, ask for registration, Only registered users can checkout. Further I changed everything in the shopper field 'agreed' to 'NO' (Required, Show in registration form, ...).

Now I face the following problem: When I add sth. to the cart and go to the cart, I first need to fill in the billing address. I do this by either clicking on 'Add/Edit billing address information' or on the 'Check Out Now' button. The TOS checkbox is unchecked atm. After filling in the address I'm sent back to the cart, TOS is still unchecked. So I check the box and click on 'Check Out Now'. Now I get a message 'Please accept the terms of service to confirm' even though I did check it!!! The TOS box is still checked. If I click one more time on 'Check Out Now', it works and I'm asked to confirm.

This problem does not appear, if I check the TOS box in the very beginning before entering the billing address. It also doesn't happen, if with the billing address I have to check that I accept the TOS ('agreed' field). Then the box is already checked when I return to the cart and Check Out works. So it seems to be a problem when returning from billing address to cart where the box is not checked yet.

Any ideas? My plan is to hide and automatically check the box. But I think I'll wait with that until it works with manually checking it...

Greets
Stefan

Milbo

Intersting, very interesting, I will take a look on this.

My goal is also to allow a completly anonymous checkout.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Is fixed in svn, but not in version K sorry
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member