News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

BE Shop Configuration - Fatal error

Started by sscheidegger, October 25, 2011, 14:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sscheidegger

Hi everybody

I just updated to J1.7.2 and VMRC2j with sample data. When I tried to change some configurations I clicked in the BE on Shop - Shop. This forwarded me to my user account settings. When I changed my user account from shopper to storeadmin, clicking on shop - shop causes a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /var/www/CH/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php on line 215

If I change back my account to shopper, clicking on shop - shops leads to my user account again.

Greets
Stefan

Milbo

Good to know, I will take a look on this, but what happened and how you should be able to solve it

I am quite sure you try to administrate the store not as the user you used to install it. In other case you shouldnt be a shopper and of course the shopper should not be able to set himself as storeadmin. The user who installs the shop is set as the storeowner. You can use other users to administrate the shop, then they must be in joomla at least admin imho, when you with them on the shop you see then the vendor tab and the user settings of the shopowner. There is another thread somewhere explaining it also.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sscheidegger

Correct, I'm not the user who installed the shop. But my account has Super User rights in Joomla and admin rights in VM, but still the error shows up. I found out that, if I enable multivendor, the error is gone and it shows again my user settings. But I didn't find out how to find the vendor settings... Actually I just wanted to check the shop settings because when I installed it once without sample data, I got the error about no shop currency being defined. This thing that the shop menu redirects to the user settings is a little confusing to me. But I guess this will improve, once multivendor is working in VM...

Milbo

if it is more understandable, I dont know, but with multivendor it makes more sense.

Multivendor should be disabled, for someone in the forum it works like expected, dont find the thread atm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sscheidegger

So, I managed to make my user a vendor (thanks for the help, it wasn't that difficult in the end). Now I can for example create new tax rules.

However, the Fatal error is still there. Even though I'm a vendor, the Shop configuration only works if my user is a shopper. When I set it to store admin or admin I get again the fatal error.

Greets Stefan

Milbo

Yes, the error is still in your code, it is only fixed in the svn, learn to use the svn or wait for the release (maybe final).

bunglehaze

Milbo, I have a similar issue currently on VM2 stable, my admin user had to be changed and as a result VM seems to not recognise anyone as a storeadmin despite setting up a new user and giving storeadmin permissions. This is also giving customers an error message as the site cannot find an email address to send admin order confirmations to.

How do I go about adding the newly setup user (either userid 1005 or userid 63)  in as storeadmin via the db so i can get access back to the editstore page instead of redirecting to the user account details.