Author Topic: Ask A question/Coupon/Cart not working when in SEF mode.  (Read 2147 times)

igolfniray

• Beginner
Ask A question/Coupon/Cart not working when in SEF mode.
« on: October 25, 2011, 11:57:58 am »
Joomla 1.5.23 and VMart 1.1.9

Hi all,

I have read through the instructions on this thread: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=69544.0

But I can't get any further. Here's my problem:

When in non-sef mode my Vmart works great. But when I choose "use SEF Urls' in Global Config" the 'ask a question' links give me a warning saying "/virtuemart was not found on this server"

I get the same warning when submitting a Coupon Code, and when I hit Checkout.

Like I said I've tried the advice given in the thread above but it hasn't worked.

Can you help?

Ray.

Thank You.

igolfniray

• Beginner
Re: Ask A question/Coupon/Cart not working when in SEF mode.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 12:24:36 pm »
Please?

I'm really stuck...

Ray.

igolfniray

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 12:50:42 pm »
When I try this solution:

Never created a Joomla menu link to VM component: If you never create a link to VM component in Joomla, then VM assigns itself an Itemid of 1. Joomla uses Itemid's to assign modules. In other words, to assign modules, you need to have a menu item to assign it to! Not having a link to VM in Joomla menu system will not give you any control over your modules you may want to assign to VM pages. Likewise, when you turn on SEF, you likely will encounter redirect issues during checkout, since having an itemid is crucial to the redirect process. All you need to do is create a Joomla menu link to the VM component. Do not fill in any of the parameter values for the menu item. You can now turn on your SEF and test again!

I still get the 404.

And when i try this solution:

I did create a Joomla menu link to VM component: If you have created one or more Joomla menu link(s) to the VM component, then likely you did this before creating a primary/master link to VM component. Essentially Joomla will only use ONE Itemid for Virtuemart component. This Itemid is considered to the the ROOT of your store to Joomla with SEF on. To troubleshoot, you will first need to find WHAT ITEMED is Joomla using as your VM primary/master Itemid.
a. Turn your SEF off.
b. Create a Joomla article page, and enable the Virturemart Module to show on that page, with the "Show All Products" enabled.
c. Click on the "Show All Products" link in module on the article page.
d. In the URL of "Show All Products" you will see an Itemid. This itemid is what Joomla is using as your store root.
e. Go to your Joomla menu Manager and find this id number in your Joomla menus.
f. Take this link and:

rename it to "Store" or "Shop" (or whatever your want to signify as your store root)
    move this link to a Main Level menu item, if it is not already
    Remove any/all parameters assigned to the VM component menu item (parameters on right of menu item when editing)
    If this link was a category or product page link, you will need to create a new one.

What you have done is now found your master Itemid for VM, and labeled this as store/shop/etc, and put it on a main/top level in your menu, with no VM parameters assigned.
You should be able to turn back on your SEF and see everything like your categories and products, checkout, etc, are under your Joomla assigned VM root of yoursite.com/store/ or yousite.com/shop/ or similar.

I get my item id as 10, but this is ALREADY a main level menu item linking to virtuemart with no parameters set.

I really don't get it!

igolfniray

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 22:17:54 pm »
Thanks a lot guys!

You've been great!

Are there any other e-commerce extensions for Joomla?