News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Not Adding to Cart

Started by themichaelminer, October 24, 2011, 23:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themichaelminer

I'm building a website for a client of mine to start selling custom made shirts online. My major problem at the moment before I begin working on adding all the products is getting the add to cart button to add products to the cart. As of right now it is not doing so, and I have been looking all over for several days now to find a solution, but I can't seem to come across anything that works for me yet. Anyway, after looking so much I'm still stuck with an add to cart button that takes me to an empty cart page. I know that Virtuemart for Joomla1.7 is still in development stages and having bugs worked out, but I am hoping I can find some help from someone directly to get this button working correctly.

I'm using:
Joomla 1.7.1 Stable
Virtuemart 1.9.8j
Web Server is Apache
PHP Version is 5.2.17, built on Linux
MySQL database

nflmerch

Seems to be working well for everyone else. So perhaps is it just a setting in virtuemart that you accidentally checked or unchecked.
Have you tried a fresh install?  If you haven't started your site yet and you're just working on getting VM2 up and running, then a fresh re-install might the fastest and easiest way to get it working.  I know I've uninstalled and reinstalled VM2 about a hundred times since it's been in development haha.

Also, this probably won't make any difference as its supposed to be just a security fix, but joomla is on 1.7.2 now

themichaelminer

I did update Joomla, and I downloaded a fresh copy of the latest version of VM2. I uninstalled Virtuemart and the AIO from the site, reinstalled it and the add to cart button still isn't working right.

**Update**
I just added a latest product module on the right side of the site and when the add to cart button is presses on it, it adds the product to the cart. So what could be causing the add to cart button to not work when your on the product details page?

nflmerch

perhaps a jquery conflict.  i saw your other post about how your quantity buttons won't work either, so it sounds like java to me.  are you using a pre-installed joomla template? 

themichaelminer

I'm using a template I downloaded.

**Update**
I just reinstalled one of the standard templates that comes with Joomla and the buttons work and the product is added to the cart. So this mean something with the template I was using is causing issues. Now I want to figure out what is causing the problem, because I really want to use the template I have.

nflmerch

Yea for now I'm using a default joomla template so I can test the VM2 releases, seperate of template problems.   Have you tried messing with the VM template settings?  Like 'Using the VirtueMart CSS' or "Using the VirtueMart jQuery"?    If theres javascript in your template, it could be conflicting with the VM java.  So to correct that it might require editing the jquery in your template.
VM admin > configuration > Activate Css Styles & Javascripts

themichaelminer

I could mess with some of the settings, but I don't know if I want to get into messing with all that at this point. I already spent two straight days trying to figure out what the problem was.

Studio 42

HI,
Simple answer to your question.

mootools is not backward compatible, for this we use Jquery, but in case of module using jQuery you can't load it 2 time.

For Css files this is in case of templater making specifik CSS for Virtuemart 2, on deactivate vm css, you can use the joomla template css only.
we Try to ad maximum freedom to virtuemart this is why you can activate or not some tools, design and Javascript.

In never case you must deactive the script's . Only Jquery if this is loaded 2 time(or you have a special writed template javascript for virtuemart 2)

We found some bug in language files breaking the "addtocart". Simply jump your settings to English and do the test.

Greets,

Patrick

P.S: The last SVN files have many fix that can solve your problem

themichaelminer

Quote from: Electrocity on October 26, 2011, 23:51:55 PM
HI,
Simple answer to your question.

mootools is not backward compatible, for this we use Jquery, but in case of module using jQuery you can't load it 2 time.

For Css files this is in case of templater making specifik CSS for Virtuemart 2, on deactivate vm css, you can use the joomla template css only.
we Try to ad maximum freedom to virtuemart this is why you can activate or not some tools, design and Javascript.

In never case you must deactive the script's . Only Jquery if this is loaded 2 time(or you have a special writed template javascript for virtuemart 2)

We found some bug in language files breaking the "addtocart". Simply jump your settings to English and do the test.

Greets,

Patrick

P.S: The last SVN files have many fix that can solve your problem

Where exactly do I go in Virtuemart to deactivate the VM CSS?

themichaelminer

Disabling the VM CSS didn't help with the add to cart function. All it did was break the styling of the shop. I am running the latest release of VM.

Cleanshooter

Way I see it you really have 2 options at this point.   You either have to create your own version of the template you downloaded that doesn't use the script or write the code to custom style the shop so that it works with your template.  Either way your going to have to break one of the two down so they are compatible.  You might be able to go into the template you downloaded and prevent it from calling the script that is breaking the VM Module but you will probably lose some of the functionality in your template.

Quote from: nflmerch on October 26, 2011, 01:04:16 AM
If theres javascript in your template, it could be conflicting with the VM java.  So to correct that it might require editing the jquery in your template.

Good luck!
- Cleanshooter

Aliciah85

did you have any luck with this? i believe there is some sort of issue with the session handler as i can add a product to my cart once, but if i remove it and try to add it again it will not add. I can however add qty x 2 of the product and they will show up in the cart...

once i restart my browser and clear my cache i can add the product again...

rluethi

The add to cart feature uses javascript, specifically theAJAX Framework jquery . Internet Explorer does not fully support Javascript, but uses the JScript that contains to Javasript some differences.To compensate for these differences, used the jquery framework, and the extension jquery ui .
Try it once with a different browser,for example Firefox .
I know this problem but can not solve it because I have no access to the API of VM2 (Network Timeout)
It's a bug, not a feature

arnask

Joomla 1.7.2
Virtuemart 2

Add to cart button dont work. Increse/Decrese quantity doesnt work too.
Tried to disable jquery in templates - no result.

Help!