Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish

Started by milemaker, October 24, 2011, 11:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milemaker

paypal wont accept credit card payments from shoppers overseas. (if billing and shipping addresses are different that is.)

paypal's message: "Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to. At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to.."

seems like there was solution for VM 1.1.x: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=69991.msg232724#msg232724 but i can't find similar settings in VM 1.9.8.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Joomla 1.7 / VM 1.9.8j

alatak

alatak

Hi,

Actually i found a stupid error while sending the country code to Paypal.

milemaker

ok, great.

will it be next sub release when the bug fix is made public or is there another way to apply the fix to current site?

thanks.

alatak

Hi,

Yes it will be in the next release.

But if you can check that my fix is correct that will be great:
in file plugins/vmpayment/paypal.php

you had that code (around line 230)
    "country" => ShopFunctions::getCountryByID($usrST['virtuemart_country_id'], 'country_3_code'),

replace it by

"country" => ShopFunctions::getCountryByID($usrBT['virtuemart_country_id'], 'country_3_code'),

the problem was on $usrST that should be replaced by $usrBT

Please give me feed back :)

milemaker

thanks a lot alatak.

i will let you know as soon as i will get someone available to make purchase from overseas.

cheers.

chancehoggan

I notice this line:

"address_override" => "1", // 0 ??   Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to

Should this be set to 0?

chancehoggan

To Update this thread:

It looks like if you encounter this error and the above fix by alatak is present you can try setting "address_override" => "1", to "address_override" => "0",

I made this change and orders that had this error are now processing. 

alatak

Hi,
In the RC3 versionI do not send this paramter anymore. Paypal takes the default value=0.
It should work without doing any fix.

baljitkarwal

Hi,

Can anyone help me to find the file where i need to do these changes? "address_override" => "1", to "address_override" => "0"

Thanks
Baljit

alatak

Hi,

In Paypal configuration, you have 2 parameters:
Let buyers override their PayPal addresses?   : it corresponds to the Paypal parameter "address_override"

Prompt buyers for a shipping address: corresponds to "no_shipping"

You don't need to change the code :)

baljitkarwal

Thanks Alatak...thanks a lot...you saved my time.. i found it in my paypal code written under configuration..