News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Payment form in order page

Started by Pisu, October 23, 2011, 17:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pisu

Hi, I'm looking at new Payment plugin system in VirtueMart 2, and I noticed that if the customer does not pay at checkout, he does not have the possibility to pay from order page, that was possible in VirtueMart 1.1.

Will you add payment form hook in order page?
Pisu - Team VMItalia (Supporto Italiano VirtueMart)
www.stefanobagnatica.it | www.vmitalia.net

alatak

Hi,

QuoteHi, I'm looking at new Payment plugin system in VirtueMart 2, and I noticed that if the customer does not pay at checkout, he does not have the possibility to pay from order page, that was possible in VirtueMart 1.1.
The payment workflow has changed in VM2.
If the customer does not pay, the cart is not emptied, and he has the possibilty to go back to the cart page and to change his payment method. The order should not even be there.

Which payment method are you testing?

Pisu

Take for example a "Standard" payment module that simple print the details for bank payment.
On the checkout confirmation page, you see these details, but later if you don't remember and want to see them again, you don't have any way.

In VM 1.1 the payment details (payment extra config) showed up on order details in account page, while the order status is PENDING.

However I tried also with PayPal, and if I don't pay I have a Pending order where I can no more go for payment.

alatak

Hi,

For the standard payment method, it is normal.
In this case, you send your payment (check) to the vvendor. And it is the vendor that will set manually the status of the order. You can add in the information field the name and the adress where to send the check. It will be displayed in the page confirm order;

For paypal , if you don't pay, your cart is not emptied, so you can change your payment method if you want to. Which means you can still pay.

Pisu

It's true that the cart is not emptied, but the order is already created, and user in his account can see a "Pending" order, that seems to be completed / payed. And moreover, each payment transaction (good or failed) create another order.

alatak

Hi,

Yes you are rigth.
Bug fixed in 4549. Now when the user cancel the payment with paypal, the order is deleted.

Fernando Soares

Hi,

The version 2.0.2 of VirtueMart continues with this operation method... so I post here.

For an current order this operation way make sense but for older orders not.

The way used to handle the orders not completed/payed is wrong because in my experience with virtual shops some clients come back to the shop to complete older orders from "Account Maintance" page. And in VM 1.1 they have this option by simple clicking on order number then in payment button. Now nothing, they need to do an new order.

This is correct? I think no.

At my opinion the method used in VirtueMart 1.1 is the best and simple way for clients complete your orders.
The administration of these orders are optimised too because the client need do less orders to complete the purchase.

I am confident that VM Dev Team led by Max is working hard to get all the best functions from VM 1.1 into the VM2. However it´s not a simple work.
Fernando Soares - Joomleiros Brasil!
Espeshitpillta em Joomla! e VirtueMart
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fernando_soares

alatak

Olà Fernando,

QuoteThe way used to handle the orders not completed/payed is wrong because in my experience with virtual shops some clients come back to the shop to complete older orders from "Account Maintance" page.
I am not sure about that. In most of the shops I go, the cart is not deleted until i pay.
In VM2, we do the same, if the shopper does not pay, he can go back to the store, the cart is there, it is not deleted. He can add other products , change the shipment, the payment method ... and he can finally order.

All that you could not do in VM1. You made the order , and that was it. You could not add/delete products, change your payment, or whatever. The only thing you could do is pay.