News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Migrating from VM1 to VM2

Started by mandingueiro, October 19, 2011, 17:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

It would be good, when you do some tests.

Upload some media in greek letters and test if that works. Can you enter greek names and all that? Is it stored correctly in the db?

Atm I have an idea, why it is not working, I create a fix and upload the file here, then you can test it next hours.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sebnath

Same problem, my site runs under a fresh J1.7 installation, and a fresh VM2 install, with french language installed. I migrated my VM1 tables via a sql file and checked if everything as ok for it. I read all the posts concerning Migration between VM1 and VM2, but here are the messages i receive when using the migration tool :

Found prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 44999 maxMemoryLimit 96
        Synchronisé 0 des médias pour product dans images/stories/virtuemart/product/ répertoire
        Synchronisé 0 des médias pour category dans images/stories/virtuemart/category/ répertoire
        Synchronisé 0 des médias pour manufacturer dans images/stories/virtuemart/manufacturer/ répertoire
        Synchronisé 0 des médias pour vendor dans images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/ répertoire
        Processed 0 vm1 shoppergroups time: 5.0067901611328E-6
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 categories
        No categories to import
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturer categories
        Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturers
        Forget IT

Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/1ff5f2527907ca86103288e1b7cc3446.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/480655b410d98a5cc3bef3927e786866.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/520efefd6d7977f91b16fac1149c7438.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/578563851019e01264a9b40dcf1c4ab6.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/8716aefc3b0dce8870360604e6eb8744.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/8cb8d644ef299639b7eab25829d13dbc.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/9a4448bb13e2f7699613b2cfd7cd51ad.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/cca3cd5db813ee6badf6a3598832f2fc.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/e614ba08c3ee0c2adc62fd9e5b9440eb.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/category/1b0c96d67abdbea648cd0ea96fd6abcb.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/category/756ff6d140e11079caf56955060f1162.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/category/fc2f001413876a374484df36ed9cf775.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/category/fe2f63f4c46023e3b33404c80bdd2bfe.jpg is missing
        Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/washupito.gif is missing
        Info: Worked on general migration for 0.58302903175354 seconds

ed4sof

MIGRATION VM1 > VM2
VM 2.0.0-RC-2j | Joomla 1.5.24
Virtuemart V2 works fine but the migration not !

I have about 1050 images products (40Mo)

Found prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 107 maxMemoryLimit 768
Synchronized 0 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/
The synchronisation is not finished, please execute again

=> See below

I tried to Synchronize media to VirtueMart 10,20, 100 times !!!!

So i decided to change view things in my php.ini :
max_execution_time = 120     
max_input_time = 120
memory_limit = 1024M
post_max_size = 80M
upload_max_filesize = 10M

So What can i do ? Any idea ?
Thanks,
Edouard

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

The problem appears due different char encodings.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: ed4sof
Could you tell me what should I do ?
Do I need to change the encoding of my DB (php myAdmin ?)
I can do that in local(wamp) but which encoding should I use ? UTF8 ?

There are various possibilities. I tested it, stored an image with cyrillic chars. I could open it with my windows media browser, but not with irfanview. My apache shows me just ?? for a cyrillic char. But our russian and greek developers dont have problems. Both use linux and of course their server is compiled to support this.

So I think there are various possibilities.
- your php must support multibyte (UTF-8)
- the php command readdir must support unicode (UTF-8)
- your server (Filesystem) should run maybe just in unicode (UTF-8)
- your browser should also use UTF-8 (they usually do)

The database is usally in utf-8, the collation is NOT setting the charset, it is just setting the method to sort.

mandingueiro

Tried to upload an image with greek letters in an existing product (nice saw) and it's not uploaded right. The proper filename was ασδ.jpg but when I uploaded it on the product images the image wasn't visible (broken src) and the filename wasn't right after the upload. Basically what I got is displayed in the screenshot attached.

I also attached a screenshot from the database virtuemart's media table.

I also noticed that any new products I add in the virtuemart are not displayed in the front-end even though they are displayed on the backend (latin chars everywhere).

[attachment cleanup by admin]

mandingueiro

My host just enabled the Multibyte support and now I get this error on all my joomla pages: Infinite loop detected in JError.

Any clues?

mandingueiro

So Milbo, are you planning to fix the bug (if it's a bug) with the non-latin characters in the migrator or I have to work it out myself? Or maybe if I paid some1 he could do this for me?