News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[fixed] Tax by State

Started by arcticsoft, October 19, 2011, 02:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cas

Hi Banquet,

Is this being fixed in the base for the next release, or do we all need to hack the code? 

Cheers,
Chuck

PRO

Quote from: cas on January 20, 2012, 22:46:18 PM
Hi Banquet,

Is this being fixed in the base for the next release, or do we all need to hack the code? 

Cheers,
Chuck

This is not a HACK, its a template override.

I do not know, I do know, its not an easy fix because there are so many countries to consider. and they all have to be worked with as far as tax etc. and even discounts. A lot of countries have laws about discounts.

cas

Sure, it's not a core hack, but each time a new version comes out, we will still need to check the new template for updates and then add our override into the new template, so it will be an ongoing issue.   I appreciate that different countries have different tax rules, so then why not have a simple admin setting like the following: Add Tax When User is Not Logged In: Y/N.   This way we get to choose depending on the country we are from. 

AndrewBucklin

+1

Currently ALL tax rates are showing to anonymous users, even though "anonymous" is NOT selected for any of the tax rate rules. The shopper group selected for all of the tax rules is "default".

Any suggestions other than the template override?