Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Australia Post shipping and VM2

Started by MoneyMagnets, October 18, 2011, 20:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoneyMagnets

alatak

Hi,

yes it is one working with VirtueMart version 1.

MoneyMagnets

Okay thanks I'll try that. It doesn't seem to have been updated so I didn't think it would work.

alatak

Hi,

The core team is offering the most used shipping and payment methods. We are hoping that the community will do  some plugins too.
If your need is urgent , you may ask for a professional help. :)

MoneyMagnets

I have suggested to the client that we may need professional help but she hasn't quite decided which way she wants to go - free shipping or Australia post.

I'm intending to load up and test some Australia Post extensions today to see what they do and check that they work with VM2. I was hoping someone had already tried them to save me some time  :) 

MoneyMagnets

Looking at the existing extension
http://extensions.virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=3&sobi2Id=445&Itemid=2

I can't see where I would copy the files since the layout in VM2 is different. I have sent an email to the author Bruno to see if he intends to update the extension.     

alatak

Hi,
QuoteI can't see where I would copy the files since the layout in VM2 is different. I have sent an email to the author Bruno to see if he intends to update the extension.   
Yes the layout is different. Everything needs to be re written.

MoneyMagnets

That's why I was originally surprised when you said that there was an extension that was working.

We're thinking about staying with Joomla 1.5 and VM1 for now since that is stable and then we can upgrade next year.

Cheers,
Karen

alatak

Hi,

QuoteThat's why I was originally surprised when you said that there was an extension that was working.
No, I said that it was working for VM1. I did not say it was working for VM2.

MoneyMagnets

Quote from: alatak on October 31, 2011, 09:09:04 AM
Hi,

QuoteThat's why I was originally surprised when you said that there was an extension that was working.
No, I said that it was working for VM1. I did not say it was working for VM2.

Sorry I misunderstood.  I've been in touch with Bruno (the author) and it's on his list of things to do and I've asked how much it will cost to update it to VM2.   

alatak

Hi,

QuoteI've been in touch with Bruno (the author) and it's on his list of things to do and I've asked how much it will cost to update it to VM2. 
Great :).

MissyW

Quote from: MoneyMagnets on October 31, 2011, 20:35:52 PM
I've been in touch with Bruno (the author) and it's on his list of things to do and I've asked how much it will cost to update it to VM2.
I'd be prepared to contribute something to the cost.  I expect there might be a few others who need this too.

brentonking

Any update on this plugin for VM2?

Sin

I looking for VM2 Australia Post shipping module update as well.

If there's a module, will definitely pay or contribute. 

mdart

I am wanting this product as well and will donate