News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Can you turn off the confirm order?

Started by chancehoggan, October 18, 2011, 01:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeroscorte

I may have found the solution:

Backend Joomla > VirtueMart > Configuration > Shopper Fields > tos  - Required: No -

(no changes to files)

Should be tested.

FAUSTddd

This method works only if there is no required fields. But if I need to field a required field as an email, then this method does not work.
open /components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/view.html.php

replace this:

$pathway->addItem(vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_CONFIRM_MNU'));
$document->setTitle(vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_CONFIRM_MNU'));
$text = vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_CONFIRM_MNU');
$this->checkout_task = 'confirm';

on this:

$pathway->addItem(vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_CONFIRM_MNU'));
$document->setTitle(vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_CONFIRM_MNU'));
$text = vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_CONFIRM_MNU');
$this->checkout_task = 'confirm';
header("Location: /cart.html?task=updatecart&option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&confirm=1");

but cart.html may be different

sibison

Above the code not working for me...plz update any other solution

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

samlf3rd

I can confirm that I did have an (unknown) html folder in my template folder with default.php. When I renamed the file to default.php2 I then had a one-page checkout. No "Please confirm order" after I already clicked confirm once.

This is the override folder for people who don't know-its purpose is so you can create overrides that stay in place even when you update virtuemart.

Otherwise anything you customized in Virtuemart will over-write most of your files when you do an update. With an "html" folder in your template folder (by default-mine is named html2 actually-but vm still picks up the overrides) you can just copy the entire page from com_virtuemart (like default.php in my case) and then make changes to that file in your templates folder. It will cancel out vm's default.php and use yours instead.

So, yes I had an override that was the problem. Thank you for the help guys!