News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found

Started by Elnino, October 14, 2011, 20:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elnino

Hi there,

I've been using VM 1.1 for quite a while but VM 2 is brand new for me so please excuse my comments if they are not relevant.

I'm currently testing the version 2.0.0-RC-2H which is to me the latest one at the time of writing.
I'm using Joomla 1.7.1.

I've installed the sample data with the beautiful hand shovel and try to replace the very first product (hand shovel) with a picture of mine.

For doing that I went to the Product Images tab, select the upload ticking box in the "Upload file" section, browse my picture file (dscn3724.jpg) on my comp and click "Save".

I've got both:
/rootpath/www/images/stories/virtuemart/product/ :: Writeable
/rootpath/www/images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/ :: Writeable

It ends up with the following URL:

http://bolstibetainschantants.fr/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product&task=edit&virtuemart_product_id=1

with the following debug message:

File /rootpath/www/images/stories/virtuemart/product/DSCN3724.JPG uploaded
vmdebug media check Var1:

images/stories/virtuemart/product/DSCN3724.JPG

Var2:

product

followed by the error:

vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /rootpath/www/images/stories/virtuemart/product/DSCN3724.jpg
        vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /rootpath/www/images/stories/virtuemart/product/DSCN3724.jpg

If I browse my server to this path there is a file called DSCN3724.jpg (recently created) and the original one dscn3724.jpg ...

In the thumbnail listing at the top of the page, instead of having my thumbnail image I have a weird file name : dscn3724.jpg_product

Am I missing something or is that a bug ?

Thanks

Elnino

I just wanted to add that I have the same error on the front end:

vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /homez.425/bolstibe/www/images/stories/virtuemart/product/DSCN3724.jpg

as well as an other one:

vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /homez.425/bolstibe/www/images/stories/virtuemart/category/1b0c96d67abdbea648cd0ea96fd6abcb.jpg

The last one is weird as I didn't change anything regarding category pictures.

Elnino

For info there's no such file on the server as :

/homez.425/bolstibe/www/images/stories/virtuemart/category/1b0c96d67abdbea648cd0ea96fd6abcb.jpg

but there is one as :

/homez.425/bolstibe/www/images/stories/virtuemart/product/DSCN3724.jpg

If go to tools --> Reset all tables and install sample data, the error message still shows up on the front-end! Same thing if I click on Renew config by file, install table or if necessary update them, reset all table and do a fresh install ...

If I click on Restore System Defaults I have the following error message:

JInstaller::install: /homez.425/bolstibe/www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/install/install_required_data.sql SQL Error DB function failed with error number 1062
Duplicate entry '1' for key 'virtuemart_custom_id' SQL=-- -- Dumping data for table `jos__virtuemart_customs` -- INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_customs` ( `virtuemart_custom_id`, `custom_parent_id`, `admin_only`, `custom_title`, `custom_tip`, `custom_value`, `custom_field_desc`, `field_type`, `is_list`, `is_hidden`, `is_cart_attribute`, `published`, `created_on`, `created_by`, `modified_on`, `modified_by`, `locked_on`, `locked_by`) VALUES (1,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_TIP', '', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_DESC', 'R', 0, 0, 0, 1, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0), (2,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_TIP', NULL, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_DESC', 'Z', 0, 0, 0, 1, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0);
SQL =

--
-- Dumping data for table `#___virtuemart_customs`
--

INSERT INTO `#__virtuemart_customs` ( `virtuemart_custom_id`, `custom_parent_id`, `admin_only`, `custom_title`, `custom_tip`, `custom_value`, `custom_field_desc`, `field_type`, `is_list`, `is_hidden`, `is_cart_attribute`, `published`, `created_on`, `created_by`, `modified_on`, `modified_by`, `locked_on`, `locked_by`) VALUES
(1,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_TIP', '', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_DESC', 'R', 0, 0, 0, 1, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0),
(2,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_TIP', NULL, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_DESC', 'Z', 0, 0, 0, 1, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0);

The error message regarding file not found on the front end disappears though ...

Milbo

This is fixed, problem was when you upload a file with uppercase JPG.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Elnino

Hey Milbo,

The error still persists on VM2.0.0 final when using media synchronization. All my uppercase JPG file were not recognized. When I'm trying to look for one in the image filter of the product the name appears but no picture is associated.

The single image upload works well even with uppercase JPG.

Cheers.