News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[fixed] Related Products - not working

Started by Razva, October 11, 2011, 18:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razva

Hi folks,

I'm using the latest SVN. The Related Products option is not working, for any product. This applies to Related Categories also.

I'm attaching a screenshot in order to prove that. The related product name would be "Canaria" but, as you can see, even after inserting "Canar" I didn't got any list.

The shop has just 140 products...

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Razva

Sorry but I need to BUMP this as it's a really important missing functionality... :(

Milbo

You use the search, then you click a product or category, afaik.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Razva

As you can see when I search a product I get NO RESULTS :) I know how the things should work, as this bug wasn't present in a previous SVN...but it's present right now...

Studio 42

HI,
PLz try to look on firebug(firefox plugin)
On press F12 key you see the request and the error, if you have an error(console TAB).

On clicking on the link the full HTML code is displayed
If you report this error i can help you. I'm not a magician :)

Milbo

Quote from: Electrocity on October 12, 2011, 20:21:45 PM
I'm not a magician :)

NOT? Hmm, now I am really dissapointed. I thought you are.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Razva

Mmmmmnope...no errors... Is it ok to PM you the admin user/pass? Maybe I'm blind or smth...

alatak

Hi,

Txs.
I have the same problem with Joomla 1.7.
Works fine with Joomla 1.5

Razva

Quote from: alatak on October 13, 2011, 19:15:44 PM
I have the same problem with Joomla 1.7.
Same here... Now that we're two with this problem...maybe somebody can take a look and fix this problem?  ::)

PRO

Related products search works on my local 1.7 version H

BUT, on the front end ONLY the tooltip shows. No products.

Studio 42

Hi,
The result was always here but the J1.7 CSS template hided it.
fixed in last svn

Razva

Yeah, they show up now, but I can see only the image of the product...

There's no way a user cand REMEMBER all the pics of the products... Isn't there any chance to insert the product TITLE also? It would be far more important to have the title of the product, rather than the image...

Milbo

The product title is shown, when you hover over it, you see the product description. I just tested it and no I am suprised, because it works imho already that way.